How to Cure Scalp Psoriasis at Home Naturally
Most of us treasure our hair and in all honesty fail to take care of the scalp.
Scalp is one of the most neglected parts of the body leading to various scalp problems with scalp psoriasis being the prominent one among them.
Scalp psoriasis is an embarrassing scalp problem and involves a long-term treatment process. Alternative home remedies are a safer option.
Happy Success Stories
What is Scalp Psoriasis?
Scalp is the part of integument of the human head covered with hair. Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition distinguished by circumscribed red patches of skin covered with white scales as a result of uncontrolled, rapid skin cell growth. One of the most common areas known to be affected by psoriasis is the scalp.
Symptoms of Scalp Psoriasis That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Patches of red, thick skin with silvery scales on the scalp.
– Scaly patches on the hairline, behind the ears, and around the neck.
– Temporary hair loss that does not result in balding.
Natural Treatments Cure Scalp Psoriasis Caused by:
Scalp psoriasis is a subtype of psoriasis thus most of the triggers of psoriasis holds true for scalp psoriasis too, namely:
– Inadequate immune system.
– Extreme stress.
– Certain medications known to induce psoriasis.
In addition to –
– A build up of chemicals on the scalp by way of cosmetic products used for hair care.
Types of Scalp Psoriasis:
Scalp psoriasis may look similar in appearance to seborrheic dermatitis but there is a difference. Seborrheic dermatitis scales appear yellowish and greasy. Scalp psoriasis scales appear powdery with a silvery shine.
The effectiveness of treatment differs from individual to individual and depends on its severity. Mild cases of scalp psoriasis may require only topical applications, light therapy as it is effective in slowing down the skin cell production, treating the whole immune system, or combination therapy.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Scalp Psoriasis:
– Wash scalp and hair with water to which sea salts are added to effectively manage psoriasis. Minimize shampoos and use natural hair cleaning products.
– Mud packs made by mixing clay and water is beneficial as they are known to absorb and eliminate toxins from the affected area.
– Applying oil extracted from the outer shell of cashew nut is an effective remedy for psoriasis.
– One glass of bitter gourd juice mixed with 1 tsp of lemon juice when consumed on an empty stomach is known to relieve symptoms of psoriasis.
– Boil 600 ml of water with 25 g of chamomile flower heads and 25 g of dried burdock seeds for 15 minutes and strain. Drink 3 tbsp of this concoction after sweetening it with honey at least 4 times a day to relieve symptoms.
– Applying pure aloe vera gel on the affected area three times a day is known to bring relief.
– Neem slows down the skin cell production thus making psoriasis a manageable condition when pure neem oil is applied regularly to the affected area.
– Rub into the scalp a mixture of an overripe avocado, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and 1 tsp of honey for relief.
– Massage the scalp with white vinegar mixed in warm water and leave it on with the head covered in a shower cap. Rinse and massage the scalp with jojoba oil for relief.
– Rub into the affected area 2 drops of calendula oil, 1 drop of oregano oil mixed in a small cup of olive oil to reduce symptoms.
Nourish your scalp to maintain a healthy mane. Whatever you use for hair care it is best to keep it natural. If psoriasis symptoms persists causing discomfort seek immediate professional help.
Professional Natuaral Treatment for Scalp Psoriasis Cure at Home