How to Cure ADHD/ADD at Home Naturally
Every child is different. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD is a common behavioral disorder noted generally among school going children. It is often a very challenging task to raise kids with ADHD symptoms. Of course most children run around the house like a tornado, shouting, climbing furniture and the like. In children with ADHD, however, these behaviors last for a longer period of time than expected, often continuing to have problems as adults too. There are natural methods with which parents can manage these symptoms.
Happy Success Stories
What is ADHD/ADD?
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder is a syndrome of learning and behavioral problems that is not caused by any seriously underlying physical or mental disorder. It is more of a dysfunction of the central nervous system. This is marked especially by difficulty in sustaining attention or attending to details, excessive activity, and impulsivity.
Symptoms of ADHD/ADD That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Difficulty with sustained attention.
– Difficulty following instructions.
– Hyperactive, impulsive.
– Difficulty getting started on or finishing tasks.
– Poor time management and organizing skills.
Natural Treatments Cure ADHD/ADD Caused by:
– Genetic factors.
– Environmental, emotional, or family stress.
– Abnormal chemical changes in the brain.
– Smoking during pregnancy, premature delivery, or brain trauma during delivery.
Types of ADHD/ADD:
There are 3 subtypes of ADHD:
1. Inattentive type with inability to pay attention, making careless errors, forgetfulness or avoidance of activities that require mental effort.
2. Hyperactive or impulsive type with difficulty remaining seated for long durations, excessive running and climbing, shouting, and excessive talking.
3. Combined type with a combination of symptoms of the above 2 subtypes.
ADHD is treated with a combination of prescription drugs and behavior therapy. Stimulants and antidepressants are given. Counseling the child and immediate family is done to create an atmosphere in which managing the child’s behavior is made easy. It also involves follow up and frequent monitoring by the physician.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure ADHD/ADD:
– Consuming foods rich in omega-3 and omega- 6 fatty acids, magnesium and zinc has a beneficial effect on ADHD symptoms. Sunflower, soybean, corn vegetable oils; meat, eggs; fish, walnuts, flaxseed are rich in omega 6 and 3 fatty acids. Green leafy vegetables, whole grains, nuts, chicken, sea food, beef are good food sources rich in magnesium and zinc.
– Vitamin B is essential for synthesizing neurotransmitters in the brain and forming myelin for transmitting messages effectively. Seafood, poultry, beef, sunflower seeds, beans, walnuts, papaya are rich in vitamin B and need to be included in the individual’s diet.
– Indian pennywort enhances memory and may help in reducing the forgetfulness aspect of ADHD. Powder a handful of dry Indian pennywort leaves and mix in a glass of milk. Consume this before bedtime. It can also be prepared as a tea infusion or used in soups and salads.
– Ginkgo biloba is known as a brain booster. Pour 2 cups of boiling water over 2 tbsp of fresh ginkgo biloba leaves. Steep for 20 min, strain, add a few drops of fresh lemon juice and drink. Consume 3 cups in a day for better results.
– Eliminate food preservatives, artificial coloring and flavoring agents; reduce excessive sugar intake, eggs, and chocolates to help in reducing the hyperactive aspect of ADHD.
– Create a routine, follow the same schedule every day. Place the individual’s everyday essential things in the same place to reduce the chances of forgetting them.
– Avoid distractions when the individual is engaged in activities that require mental effort. Switch off television, music, and video systems during the child’s study time.
– Encourage the child to develop a hobby whether it is painting, sports, music, etc. to boost social skills and self-esteem.
– Exercise regularly to improve oxygen flow to the brain thereby increasing mental sharpness. It increases neuron functions and prevents damage to brain cells. Play mind games like crossword puzzles, scrabble, etc.
When attention deficit disorder symptoms interfere with the individual’s routine activities, seek professional help to get proper evaluation and effective treatment for good development in case of children and for proper management in case of adults.
Download Your Copy Of The ADD/ADHD Natural Remedy Report Today.