How to Cure Angular Cheilitis at Home Naturally
Angular Cheilitis are unappealing soreness around the oral area, especially the corners of the mouth, and a source of pain and vexation. This generally causes difficulty in eating and drinking nutritious juices acidic in nature. The importance of nutrition to maintain a healthy body is known to all, thus it is vital to seek immediate cure for this skin disorder. Natural home remedies have proven to benefit in treating chronic infectious skin conditions.
Happy Success Stories
What is Angular Cheilitis?
Angular cheilitis is a chronic condition caused either due to bacterial or fungal infection. This condition is marked by sores, inflammation, or skin cracks at mouth corners. It leads to chronic dry lips making even simple expressions like smiling difficult.
Symptoms of Angular Cheilitis That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Inflammation, redness around the corners of the mouth.
– Pain with swelling.
– Oozing blisters.
Natural Treatments Cure Angular Cheilitis Caused by:
– Ill fitting dentures.
– Weak immune system.
– Pooling of saliva at the corners of the mouth.
– Iron, folate, and vitamin B12 deficiencies.
Types of Angular Cheilitis:
Chapped lips are a form of angular cheilitis that is not just restricted to the corners of the mouth. This may be aggravated by frequent licking of lips to keep them moist and rid the dryness. The bacteria from the mouth, saliva, and dryness cause cracks, blisters, and pain.
Hydrocortisone cream 1% is prescribed for effective treatment. Antifungal ointments and solutions, antibiotics along with vitamin supplements are often recommended for healing purposes.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Angular Cheilitis:
– Towel dry the face thoroughly after every wash since water moisture on skin can aggravate the condition. However, internally consume plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated and prevent dryness.
– Foods rich in iron, folate, vitamin B12 is beneficial. Include green leafy vegetables, beetroots, almonds, oysters, raisins, figs to combat iron deficiency. Citrus fruits, beans and legumes, dark leafy vegetables, fortified breads and cereals for folic acid deficiency. Shell fish, liver, cheese, eggs for vitamin B12 deficiency.
– The skin on lips is in reality a thin mucous membrane and any damage to this area is very painful. Since this area does not contain any oil glands it is more prone to dryness and fissures. Hydrating the lips constantly is vital.
Aloe vera gel helps in cell regeneration and tissue repair thereby healing wounds effectively. Extract the thick pulp from leaves and apply directly on the chapped areas for relief.
Coco butter has rich emollient properties and beneficial for dehydrated skin. It is a pale yellow vegetable fat extracted from the cocoa bean and available commercially. Apply around the mouth area to prevent dry, itchy skin.
Honey rejuvenates and refreshes depleted skin. Honey absorbs impurities from the skin pores. Use it as a lip balm for treating cheilitis conditions.
Apply thin slices of cucumber around the mouth areas for its soothing and cooling effects. It is also rich in vitamin E and natural fats required for skin maintenance.
– Neem has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help in curing skin infections. Neem is bitter, thus extract juice from a handful of crushed leaves and mix with a few drops of honey before applying on the area.
– Avoid use of cosmetics like lipsticks or perfumed lip balm. Instead use extra virgin olive oil to keep the lips lubricated and to check dryness.
The appearance of red bumps around the mouth can be ugly. When the symptoms are persistent and do not show signs of receding with natural remedies, seek help from a dermatologist for effective treatment.
Angular Cheilitis Home Cure Guide Ebook