How to Cure Arthritis at Home Naturally
When it comes to bone disorders prevention is definitely better than cure. Arthritis is an acute disorder of the joints. Early diagnosis and treatment is essential for effective management of this condition. Relieve pain symptoms through exercise, proper diet, and natural methods.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints due to infectious or constitutional factors. The knees are the most affected joints in most arthritis sufferers may be because it bears the whole body weight.
Happy Success Stories
Symptoms of Arthritis That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
- Pain and inflammation around the joints.
- Redness and swelling.
- Morning stiffness.
Natural Treatments Cure Arthritis Caused by:
- Ageing process.
- Occupation that places repeated stress on any bone or joint.
- Trauma or injury.
Types of Arthritis:
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder of the joints causing inflammation and pain. It can also lead to redness and swelling in the tissues around the joints, as well as in other organs of the body.
Osteoarthritis is an inflammatory condition marked by degeneration of the bones and cartilages involved in the affected joints.
Treatment is limited with focus on anti-inflammatory medications and painkillers which may reduce the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. A change in diet and exercises are recommended for increasing bone density.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Arthritis:
- The natural compounds found in flax seed, mainly omega-3 fatty acids, help reduce inflammation associated with arthritis. 1 tbsp of flaxseed powder taken regularly is considered a natural remedy for arthritis. You can add flaxseed powder to breakfast cereals, juices, or sprinkled onto almost any meal.
- Ginger is useful in treating arthritis due to its natural anti-inflammatory properties. Its warm essential oil improves blood circulation and soothes achy muscles. Ginger oil can be massaged onto painful joints to help control the pain and inflammation. Dried ginger in powdered form can also be taken internally for relief.
- A calcium rich diet is recommended. Milk is not the only source of calcium, tomato is another source of calcium and beneficial for arthritis sufferers. Drinking tomato juice helps to strengthen the bones. The key ingredient lycopene is an antioxidant that reduces the levels of chemicals indicated in bone breakdown. Two glasses of tomato juice daily is recommended.
- A diet containing fresh foods of bright colors like orange, red and pink-colored fruits and veggies, papaya, carrots, red peppers are beneficial for arthritis sufferers. The flavonoid present in these fruits and vegetables help giving them their bright color, it is a natural antioxidant, and contain anti-inflammatory properties. Eating them in plenty helps lowering the risk of arthritis development.
- The pigment that gives turmeric its color has anti-inflammatory properties. Include this spice in your daily cooking.
- Vitamin D is essential for bone health and the body makes most of vitamin D when exposed to sunlight. However, harsh sunlight has its adverse effects on the skin. Excellent food sources are sardines, shrimp, salmon, soy, fortified milk and cereals, pork, eggs, etc.
- Low intensity exercises like simple walking are recommended for arthritis sufferers. Exercise helps to preserve bone density and beneficial for dropping excess weight.
- Epsom salt bath is recommended to relieve stiffness, pain and swelling of the joints. Have a tub bath with warm water to which 500 g of Epsom salt is added, or just bathe the affected joints with the same for 20 min, once or twice a day.
When arthritic symptoms are left untreated for a longer duration it can lead to various disabilities. Seek prompt medical help when the pain becomes unbearable limiting activities.
Arthritis Home Cure E-book