How to Cure Bed Wetting at Home Naturally
A child’s growing stages involve teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training by the involved parent. Reprimanding done in excess can affect the child’s confidence levels. Bedwetting can be an embarrassing problem and care should be taken not to ridicule or shame the child in front of peers. Different children develop complete control of their bladder at different ages. The parent needs to only worry when accidents occur frequently after the age of 6. There are several effective natural methods obtainable to manage bed wetting incidents.
Happy Success Stories
What is Bed Wetting?
Bedwetting is an involuntary discharge of urine, most often occurring during bedtime, when the individual cannot hold back urine. It generally happens without the knowledge of the individual. It is medically known as nocturnal enuresis.
Symptoms of Bed Wetting That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Urge to urinate frequently at night.
– Rashes around the genital area.
– Increase in thirst.
– Disturbed sleep.
Natural Treatments Cure Bed Wetting Caused by:
– Inadequate bladder size.
– Nerve disorder.
– Urinary tract infections.
– Stress issues.
– Use of medicines with diuretic properties.
Types of Bed Wetting:
Bed wetting may be: (1) Primary enuresis evident in children who have not developed complete bladder control. (2) Secondary enuresis occurring after having been trained in bladder control and staying dry for more than 6 months. This is often due to disease conditions like diabetes, urinary tract infection, stressful situations, etc.
When bedwetting becomes recurrent, medical evaluation by a pediatrician is essential. If it is caused due to diseases, they need to be identified and treated promptly. The treatment process should be easy with care taken to preserve the child’s self-esteem.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Bed Wetting:
– Urinary tract infections may also lead to bedwetting. The natural properties in cranberry inhibits adherence of bacteria to the bladder walls and urethra thereby treating any infectious diseases. Cranberry juice is to be given an hour before going to bed for better results.
– Equisetum or horsetail herb is recommended to strengthen an immature bladder and to tone it up. Boil 1 cup water and add ½ tsp dried horsetail herbal powder, simmer for 5 min. Remove from heat and steep for 30 min. Consume this brew three times a day regularly for favorable results.
– Tea brewed from oak bark, wormwood, bearberry herbs that all have properties essential for maintaining the overall health of the urinary tract is recommended. Take the dried herbs in equal amounts and add to 2 cups of boiling water. Remove from heat and allow it to steep for 10-15 min. Strain and consume twice a day for benefits.
– Oat straw herb has properties that help to soothe the nerves during stressful times. Bedwetting can also occur due to stress. The herb also promotes sweating thereby reducing body fluids beneficial for enuresis sufferers. Cut one long green oat straw into pieces and place in a cup. Pour 2 cups of boiling water over it. Steep for 4 hours, strain, and consume thrice a day. It can be gently re-heated if preferred.
– The natural compounds in dates help to check urine leakage among children and elderly as well. Boil a cup of milk and soak 4 seedless dried dates. Consume one hour before sleep to minimize leakage.
– An overactive bladder can also occur due to fecal impaction. Staying hydrated, and including fiber rich food is essential to treat constipation thereby reducing bedwetting occurrences.
– Allow the child to hold back urine during the day as long as possible to increase the bladder tone.
– Avoid intake of fluids an hour before bedtime and drinking aerated beverages or fruit juices after an evening meal. Encourage the child to clear the bladder before going to sleep to avoid accidents.
– Wake the child up again just before the parent’s bedtime and encourage him/her to empty bladder once more.
When bed wetting occurs with excess pain or burning sensation during urination, seek physician’s help to treat the condition.
E-book on How to Cure Bed Wetting Naturally