How to Cure Carpal Tunnel at Home Naturally
Wrist is a region that joins the hand to the arm. Pain free wrist movement is essential for proper hand function. Any pain in the wrist region can have a serious effect on the individual’s day to day activities. Carpal tunnel is one such painful condition of the wrists. With proper care and treatment most sufferers can resume their normal duties and be free from pain.
Happy Success Stories
What is Carpal Tunnel?
Carpus are bones of the wrist. Carpal tunnel is situated where the hand meets the wrist and is composed of eight carpal bones and ligaments. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition caused by compression of the nerve that passes through the wrist into the hand and marked by disturbance of sensation in the hand, numbness, and pain.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Tingling sensation, numbness, pain in the fingers or hands.
– Loss of sensation in the fingers.
– Weakness in the hands.
– Burning sensation, shooting pain radiating to the arms.
– Inflammation and swelling.
Natural Treatments Cure Carpal Tunnel Caused by:
– Disease conditions like arthritis or diabetes.
– Repetitive hand and finger stress.
Treatment often includes over-the-counter drugs, prescription medications, exercises, splints or braces, and in severe cases, surgery. Mild carpal tunnel conditions may require only wearing braces at night for the symptoms to reduce.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Carpal Tunnel:
– Carpal tunnel causes vitamin B6 deficiency and this deficiency plays a part in pain formation. A diet rich in vitamin B6 is recommended to satiate this deficiency. Sweet potatoes, avocado, sunflower seeds, brown rice, barley, banana, mangoes, etc. are all rich in vitamin B6.
– The enzyme bromelain may help to reduce tissue swelling and pain associated with carpal tunnel and is at times recommended for the treatment of carpal tunnel. Pineapple is a rich source of bromelain. Accommodate this fruit frequently into your diet to help treat carpal tunnel symptoms because of its natural anti-inflammatory properties.
– Soak 1tsp chopped valerian root and 2 tsp dried white willow bark in 2 cups of cold water overnight. Strain and drink 1 tbsp of this mixture three times a day to relieve symptoms. White willow has natural anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic properties. Valerian herb helps to soothe the nerves and muscle tensions.
– Apply ice packs to reduce swelling and pain. Cold restricts the blood flow to the affected area making it numb thereby helping to dull the pain. Apply a cold pack for 20 minutes and repeat 3 times a day for better results.
– Apply peppermint oil to the wrist and cover with a wet warm compress for 5 min. Repeat this again in the evening to loosen and relax the muscles thereby reducing symptoms.
– Blend equal quantities (preferably 10 drops) of sweet marjoram, lavender, eucalyptus essential oils and dilute in virgin olive oil. Apply this mix on the affected areas and massage gently twice a day daily until the symptoms subside. These herbs are natural analgesics with anti-rheumatic properties.
– If work involves sitting long hours in front of the computer, take frequent breaks. Stretch the finger and hands as often as possible to relieve muscle tension. Ensure that the workstation is ergonomically designed to reduce strain on the hands and wrists.
– Wear wrist splints at night and specially designed carpal tunnel wrist splints during working hours to support the wrists.
Natural remedial measures are effective when employed during the early stages. When symptoms have been in existence for longer durations, medical help may be warranted.
E-book on How to Cure Carpal Tunnel Naturally