How to Cure Cholesterol at Home Naturally
Besides high blood pressure, high cholesterol level is one of the main risk factors for developing heart diseases. Many a times an individual will come to know of high cholesterol levels only after the first heart attack or stroke. It is vital to get cholesterol checked regularly as one ages and it is not wise to ignore high cholesterol levels once identified. There are many natural ways to help stabilize cholesterol levels thus preventing heart diseases.
Happy Success Stories
What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a waxy insoluble substance present in cells and body fluids known also as a steroid alcohol which helps regulate membrane fluidity. It functions as a precursor molecule in various metabolic pathways. As a constituent of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) of blood plasma it may cause abnormal thickening and hardening of arterial walls.
Symptoms of Cholesterol That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
There are no known symptoms that can help an individual feel that he or she is suffering from high cholesterol. The only way to identify if a person has high cholesterol is through a cholesterol test which is a blood test that looks for the levels of fat and lipids in the blood.
High cholesterol quietly builds up plaques on the arterial walls disrupting the normal functions of the circulatory system in turn leading to various heart problems. Hence high cholesterol is often termed as a ‘silent killer’.
Natural Treatments Cure Cholesterol Caused by:
– Hereditary and age factors.
– Lack of exercise.
– Unhealthy diet.
– Smoking and alcohol consumption.
– Certain disease conditions.
Types of Cholesterol:
Cholesterol in its right amount is necessary for three main functions: (1) to make the outer coating of cells; (2) to make the bile acids important for digestion purposes; and (3) to make vitamin D and hormones. There are 3 types of cholesterol namely:
Low-density lipoprotein or LDL: This is referred to as the bad cholesterol. It is produced by the liver and carries cholesterol to other parts of the body.
High-density lipoprotein or HDL: This is referred to as the good cholesterol. It is produced by the liver and helps to carry cholesterol from different body organs back to the liver. High levels of HDL are an indicator of a healthy heart.
Very low-density lipoprotein or VLDL: These perform the same functions as that of LDL but are heavier than them. They are formed by a combination of triglycerides and cholesterol.
When cholesterol levels are found to be high the first step involves lifestyle modifications. When this does not work it is often managed by way of cholesterol lowering medications, exercises, and following low fat diets.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Cholesterol:
– Garlic has been widely used for its cholesterol-lowering properties. Include garlic liberally in everyday cooking as the more garlic consumed the lower cholesterol levels will drop.
– Hawthorn berry is widely used to improve the health of the circulatory system. Place dried hawthorn herb in a jar and pour apple cider vinegar over it sufficient enough to cover the herb fully. Seal the jar and store in a dry, cool place for approximately 4 weeks with occasional stirring of the contents of the jar. Strain after the required time has passed and consume one-quarter of a teaspoon daily to lower cholesterol levels naturally.
– Green tea helps stabilize total cholesterol levels and prevents vascular blood clotting. Place 1 tsp of green tea leaves in a pan and pour a cup of medium temperature water over it. Steep for 3 min and drink. Consume at least 3 cups of green tea a day for better results.
– Red rice yeast contains Monacolins that inhibits cholesterol synthesis in liver. Consume 1,200 mg of concentrated red rice yeast powder twice daily with food regularly for benefits.
– Grape seed oil is noted to reduce total cholesterol serum levels. The oil is naturally cholesterol free and substituting normal cooking oil with grape-seed oil is recommended for individuals with high cholesterol levels.
– The kiwi fruit has many names like the wood berry, vine pear, etc., and even more health benefits. Kiwis are rich in vitamin E that helps in lowering cholesterol levels naturally. It acts as a potent cleanser, an antioxidant, and boosts the immune system. Include this fruit in one’s diet frequently for better results.
– Avoid cholesterol foods like red meat, high fat dairy products, refined and processed foods, saturated fats and food shortenings.
– Reduce salt intake seriously or eliminate it altogether as excess salt enables the production of bad cholesterol and also increases the risk of hypertension.
– Consume a high fiber diet since fiber is thought to bind cholesterol in the small intestine and prevent its absorption into the bloodstream. Fiber rich foods include dried fruits, berries, whole grains, broccoli, spinach, green peas, etc.
– Manage cholesterol with exercise as being active is known to reduce the LDL cholesterol, increase the HDL cholesterol levels, and promote effective weight control.
A change in food habits and lifestyle changes are often sufficient to bring down cholesterol levels, but when the numbers do not fall into the desired range even after prolonged efforts, then it is time to consider medications.
E-Book on Cholestrol Cure at Home
Step by Step guide on how to cure cholestrol at home naturally.