How to Cure Chronic Fatigue at Home Naturally
Chronic fatigue is an emerging illness the severe form of which can interfere with activities of daily living. Normal fatigue in healthy individuals generally occurs after a session of heavy-duty exercise, but when it leaves an individual severely disabled or even bedridden it is a cause for concern. Extreme chronic fatigue often appears with a wide range of other symptoms and to a certain extent can be managed effectively with natural remedies.
What is Chronic Fatigue?
The loss of motor power, of a long duration, to respond to continued stimulation accompanied by excess exhaustion or weariness with minimal exertion or stress is characterized as chronic fatigue syndrome. The symptoms are not relieved with rest but only seem to worsen over time.
Happy Success Stories
Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– An annoying feeling of being lethargic.
– Sudden excessive weakness.
– Mental fogginess with inability to concentrate and co-ordinate daily activities.
– General joint and muscle pain without the signs of redness or swelling.
– Flu-like symptoms.
– Gastro-intestinal problems.
Natural Treatments Cure Chronic Fatigue Caused by:
– Lack of sleep or disturbed sleep patterns.
– Disease conditions or hormonal disorders.
– Increased alcohol intake or substance abuse.
– Weak immune system.
– Mental health conditions like depression, anxiety or grief.
– Medications like antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to chronic fatigue.
Types of Chronic Fatigue:
Chronic fatigue syndrome is also known as myalgic encephalopathy/encephalomyelitis and its symptoms are very similar to that of fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is intense muscle pain chronic in nature with a host of other symptoms and characteristics that occur together.
The individual feels extremely fatigued physically with even minimal activity and may not be able to perform any activity for long durations. Mental fatigue may also be experienced with confusion, disorientation, and lack of coordination.
Medications are prescribed to treat the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. Often patient management is advised, wherein the individual is required to follow a regular normal routine, avoid physical and emotional stress; and moderate exercises are recommended. In some instances acupuncture and self-hypnosis may also be recommended.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Chronic Fatigue:
– Healthy nutritious food like green leafy vegetables, lettuce, celery, cucumber; seeds like sesame, maize, barley, oats; walnuts need to be consumed frequently to improve the overall health of the body to help fight chronic fatigue symptoms.
– Consuming dates have found to be an effective home remedy for individuals suffering from chronic fatigue. Dates are rich in minerals, vitamins, and natural fibers that contribute to a healthy body and mind. Soak 5-7 dates in half a cup of water overnight. The next morning deseed the dates and crush in the same water. Consume along with the water at least twice a week for better results.
– Grapefruit and other citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C which boosts the immune system. A glass of grapefruit juice and lemon juice in equal parts is beneficial for treating chronic fatigue symptoms.
– Ginseng herb is excellent for immune weakness and improves mental alertness. Pour boiling water over 3-5 thin slices of ginseng root. Steep for 5 min, add lemon juice for flavor and consume.
– Sufficient sleep and rest is essential for the body to regain its lost energy. Even if you are able to cope fine with a couple of sleepless nights, constant lack of sleep can leave the body and mind completely exhausted. Try to get a little extra sleep at night whenever possible to make up for any lost sleep.
– Surprising as it may seem low-intensity activities like walking actually improves the energy levels in a fatigued individual.
– Practice meditation or relaxation techniques during the day. Even a short meditation session or deep breathing exercise every day is good enough to reduce fatigue symptoms.
– Energy restoring aromatherapy is beneficial to treat chronic fatigue symptoms. Lemon essential oil is an energy booster, lavender essential oil is a stress reliever, and geranium essential oil works on the emotional level. Combine equal amounts of these essential oils and use 8 drops of it in the bath water regularly to relieve symptoms.
Adopt healthy habits and follow a healthy lifestyle, maintain a balanced life, and take care of your emotional well being to help fight fatigue and extreme weakness. However one may need to explore if the problem or symptom is truly fatigue or if any underlying disease condition is the cause for it. If chronic fatigue symptoms persist and are not relieved with alternative treatment methods, seek medical help.
Best Selling E-Book on Chronic Fatigue Cure
Step by Step guide on how to cure chronic fatigue naturally.