How to Cure Cold Sore at Home Naturally
Cold sore, a common form of viral infection, is highly contagious and also known as fever blisters. The distinct feature of this viral infection is its tendency for recurrence. The symptoms are painful and often unsightly. Frequent recurrences can be suppressed naturally by following certain home remedial measures .
What is Cold Sore?
Cold sore is a group of blisters occurring around or within the mouth and commonly caused by herpes simplex virus. The symptoms last for approximately two weeks with complete healing. In some individuals the virus becomes active time and again because of a cold or fever.
Happy Success Stories
Symptoms of Cold Sore That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Fever, headache.
– Nausea, vomiting.
– Sore throat.
– Open sores and painful swelling in the mouth.
– A tingling, burning, or itching sensation around the oral region.
Natural Treatments Cure Cold Sore Caused by:
– Mental and emotional stress.
– Oral herpes are generally transmitted through oral secretions by way of kissing or sharing dental care objects, utensils, etc.
– Excess sun exposure, menstrual cycles (hormonal factors), trauma are also known to trigger cold sore outbreaks.
Types of Cold Sore:
Herpes simplex virus brings about a skin viral disease marked by groups of watery blisters on the skin or mucous membranes known as cold sores. Herpes simplex is further classified into:
Type I – which infects the oral area causing cold sores or fever blisters and occur generally in infants and young children.
Type II – infecting mainly the genital area and are often transmitted sexually.
There is no complete cure for cold sores. Once the individual has the virus and undergoes treatment, it continues to remain inactive in the nerve cells until something triggers it. Some medications like antiviral drugs, ointments, gel or balms help in a faster healing process. Warm baths may be recommended to relieve pain in genital herpes condition.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Cold Sore:
– Do not touch the area and avoid being kissed or kiss anyone when blisters and sores are already formed. Keep the area clean and dry and apply lip balm to soften any scabs formed.
– Lemon balm has antiviral compounds that target the herpes virus. Add 2 tsp of chopped lemon balm herb leaves to a cup of boiling water and brew for 10 min. Strain and consume this frequently to heal cold sores gradually.
– Prunella vulgaris has shown anti-viral properties against the herpes virus. Prepare a herbal salve by combining prunella vulgaris essential oil with beeswax and apply on the affected area to heal the infection faster.
– Whole milk contains a fat called monocaprin that help kill the virus on contact. Apply raw whole milk directly on the infected areas to help in the healing process.
– Garlic has the capacity to inactivate viruses. Slice garlic cloves and apply on cold sores for faster healing or you may mince a couple of garlic cloves and include them in your everyday cooking to prevent recurrences.
– Vitamin C helps fight cold sores as it is a natural antiviral agent. It increases the body’s resistance to stress and is a natural disease fighter. Increase the intake of citrus fruits, strawberry, parsley, kiwi, guava, grapefruit, red and green bell peppers that are all rich in vitamin C.
– Neem is a natural powerful herb that helps fight viral infection. Crush a handful of neem leaves coarsely and apply on the affected areas for relief.
– Lysine, an essential amino acid, has natural antiviral properties. Consume a cup of black beans, lentils, or soybeans which are rich in lysine frequently to prevent recurrent cold sore outbreaks.
– Apple cider vinegar is one of the oldest natural remedy for cold sores. The amino acids present in them acts as an antibiotic and an antiseptic. Mix organic apple cider vinegar with a few drops of lemon juice. Dip a cotton ball in it and apply on the sores. Drinking 1-2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water per day is also recommended.
– Make a paste by combining baking soda and cornstarch in equal quantities. Apply this to the sores to dry them out and stop the itch.
– Apply a good amount of sunscreen on the lips when outdoors for overexposure or sensitivity to sunlight could cause cold sore outbreaks.
Natural treatment methods can help to alleviate minor herpes simplex outbreaks. Cold sores are very common and usually not dangerous. However, seek professional help when there is difficult swallowing, the sores persist for a longer duration, or there is a second outbreak of blisters.
E-Book on How to cure Cold Sore Naturally.