How to Cure Diverticulitis at Home Naturally
Diverticulitis began to rise at the time when processed food became a fad. This disorder is generally found in developed countries where low-fiber diets are common. As this is a disorder of the digestive tract, maintenance of the digestive system is beneficial and can be achieved effectively by employing natural methods.
What is Diverticulitis:
Diverticulitis is an inflammation of the diverticulum or diverticula, which is an abnormal pouch or sac opening from a hollow organ. Diverticulum by itself is a harmless condition.
Symptoms of Diverticulitis That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Sudden pain in the lower left side of the abdomen.
– Stomach cramps or a bloating sensation.
– Blood from rectum.
– Changes in bowel habits.
– Nausea and vomiting.
– Difficulty or pain while passing urine.
– In severe cases may run a high fever.
Natural Treatments Cure Diverticulitis Caused by:
The exact cause still remains unknown but it could be due to:
– Stool or bacteria accumulation in the diverticula.
– As body ages the tissue lining the bowel becomes thin leading to formation of diverticulum and diverticulitis.
– Factors like a low-fiber diet and lack of exercise increase the risk of developing this condition.
Types of Diverticulitis:
Diverticulitis can be an uncomplicated condition in stable individuals or uncomplicated in older individuals. Both conditions have its own symptoms the common being abdominal pain, fever, inability to tolerate liquids, and vomiting.
Complicated diverticulitis needs immediate medical attention as it may warrant surgery to prevent further damage to the digestive system.
Diverticula are formed in bunches and may also appear in the gastrointestinal tract above the stomach, in the esophagus. In such conditions it is food that gets accumulated leading to inflammation.
The focus while undergoing treatment is to clear or minimize the inflammation with antibiotics, pain relievers, or following a liquid diet to calm the colon. Surgery may be required in severe cases to remove the diseased portion and could be performed through less invasive procedures assisting speedy recovery. In less severe cases, diet and total bed rest should do the trick.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Diverticulitis:
– Ingestion of foods containing both soluble and insoluble fiber is beneficial as it assists in making the stool soft enabling it to pass out easily – wheat germ, whole wheat, bran cereals, brown rice, oatmeal; broccoli, cabbage, green beans, turnips, carrots; orange, peach pear, apple, apricot are beneficial.
– Increase fluid intake since insoluble fiber ingested need fluids to form soft stools that can be passed out easily.
– Avoid constipation by having meals at a fixed time. Drink 2-3 glasses of hot water first thing in the morning to stimulate natural bowel movements.
– Psyllium available in capsule and powder form is recommended as it contains a fiber that triggers contraction of the colon walls.
– It is important to keep the body in a relaxed and calm state. Perform breathing exercises and meditation.
– A heating pad when placed on the lower area of the abdomen help to relieve pain and discomfort.
Health and ill health to a large extent depend on a good digestive system and there are several home remedies to help maintain a good stomach. In the condition called diverticulitis if the inflammation is severe it can eat through the abdominal wall and make its way from one organ to another. Acute and repeated attacks may require medical attention and if the condition is left untreated, it can be life threatening.
Try Professional Diverticulitis Natural Treatment for Quick Cure