How to Cure Fibromyalgia at Home Naturally
Extreme muscular body pain is a common condition seen in individuals who are overactive and often mistaken for arthritic pain. This is a chronic condition and a most common disorder seen in developed countries. Fibromyalgia is more common among women. This is a disorder rather than a disease condition and eliminating the symptoms by way of natural treatment methods is effective.
What is Fibromyalgia:
Fibromyalgia is a nonarticular rheumatic disorder characterized by pain, tenderness, and stiffness of muscles and associated connective tissues. Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition marked by long duration and frequent recurrences. This condition is also known to be progressive.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Muscle spasms.
– Fatigue – feeling exhausted.
– Malaise – an indefinite feeling of ill-being.
– Muscle and joint pain.
– Loss of balance or feeling of dizziness.
– Inability to concentrate or memory loss.
– Morning stiffness.
Natural Treatments Cure Fibromyalgia Caused by:
– Overuse of muscles too soon and too often.
– Stress or tension.
– Trauma including sprains and strains.
– Sleep disorders.
Types of Fibromyalgia:
Fibromyalgia is mainly of two types:
Primary fibromyalgia: This is the most common form and has no known specific cause to it. It is also known as idiopathic and is more often a chronic pain condition caused by the body’s dysfunctional response to stress.
Secondary fibromyalgia: This form is associated with other disease conditions like spondylitis or endometriosis. The cause for secondary fibromyalgia can be identified. The symptoms are very similar to that of primary fibromyalgia and very difficult to treat.
Understanding the condition and adopting ways to manage this disorder is the first step towards treating fibromyalgia. As the main cause of fibromyalgia remains unknown there is no one way to treat this condition. Muscle relaxants, medicines, coping techniques, and exercise are known to help this condition. Depending on the severity of the condition and symptoms, each individual would need a customized treatment plan.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Fibromyalgia:
– Diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids is recommended because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Flax seed in its unrefined form and fish are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
– Magnesium intake with malic acid (fruit acid found in apples) is recommended for this condition. Whole grains, almonds, peanuts, green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
– Gentle massage – deep tissue massage.
– Plenty of rest to reduce stress.
– Stretching exercises after a long rest period.
– Cycling and water aerobics. Cycling improves muscle flexibility and strength. Water cushions the muscles and joints and is a great medium for exercise.
– Heat packs applied to the sore areas.
There is no known way to prevent an individual from developing this disorder, but adopting a healthy lifestyle and getting adequate sleep has known to be beneficial. Low-intensity exercises followed by adequate rest are known to improve the lifestyles of fibromyalgia sufferers. If muscle pain is persistent and if there is a sign of infection like redness or swelling around the tender muscle, professional help is warranted.
Professional Cure for Fibromyalgia