How to Cure Folliculitis at Home Naturally
Folliculitis is a common skin condition and can affect anyone at any age. This condition is relatively troublesome and treating it with natural self-help remedies can be effective.
What is Folliculitis:
Folliculitis is inflammation of one or more hair follicles. Follicles are little pouches present in the skin from which hair grows. This skin condition commonly affects areas where hair growth is present. Folliculitis generally affects the superficial layer of the hair follicle, close to the skin surface. Persistent folliculitis can lead to scarring, damage, and permanent hair loss.
Symptoms of Folliculitis That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Red, itchy skin.
– Bumps on skin that are generally pus filled.
– Formation of boils when the deep part of the follicle is involved.
Natural Treatments Cure Folliculitis Caused by:
– Bacterial or fungal infection.
– Excessive sweating.
– Contact with contaminated water.
– Poor personal hygiene (though it is even noted in people who bathe more than once a day. Thus it may not be directly related to dirtiness).
– Exposure to chemicals present in cosmetics.
– Certain drugs.
– Medical conditions like iron-deficiency anemia and even disease conditions that reduce the response of the immune system to infections.
Types of Folliculitis:
Folliculitis may be superficial or deep and can give rise to pustules. When folliculitis involves the tissues surrounding the hair follicle it is termed as a furuncle. A carbuncle is a deep-seated furuncle with inflammation of the skin and deeper tissues forming multiple openings for the discharge of pus formed. Pseudomonas folliculitis is also termed as a hot tub rash and rarely requires treatment.
Folliculitis is a relatively minor, not so serious condition. It cannot be described as fatal. Treatment methods that involve antibacterial/antifungal medications, topical antiseptic creams only treat the symptoms and do not stop it from recurring. Opting for natural methods to get rid of this condition can result in fewer side effects.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Folliculitis:
– Do not shave the affected area until the condition has cleared up.
– Wash bedspreads and towels regularly to get rid of any bacteria or fungus that may the cause for the condition.
– Do not scratch the area and in severe conditions if the blister is touched, wash hands immediately to avoid spreading it to other areas.
– If the condition is due to friction, try wearing loose clothing and see if the symptoms improve.
– Moist heat compresses have found to be beneficial.
– Apply coconut oil with lemon and rosemary oil for scalp folliculitis.
– Applying apple cider vinegar over the affected area is known to be beneficial.
– Rhubarb herbal tea is known to heal folliculitis.
– Applying aloe vera gel in less severe cases has shown good results.
– Tea tree oil application has shown to be effective probably because of its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
In most cases folliculitis is superficial and oftentimes the symptoms clear on its own. If the individual has folliculitis that causes severe discomfort and does not cure even after employing natural methods, then seeking a general practitioner’s help is recommended.
Professional Folliculitis Natural Treatment