How to Cure Gluten Intolerance at Home Naturally
Food intolerance is not known to trigger life threatening body responses. However, when the foods that are not accepted by the body are part of a staple diet, avoiding them becomes a major ordeal. Gluten intolerance is not known to cause any damage but can be very uncomfortable. The best way to avoid any uneasiness due to gluten ingestion is to follow a gluten-free diet.
Happy Success Stories
What is Gluten Intolerance?
Gluten is a gluey protein substance found especially in wheat flour that causes the dough to be sticky in nature. This protein is also found in barley, rye, and low level oats. In certain individuals the body cannot tolerate this protein as it is extremely difficult to digest, resulting at times in allergic reactions and causing damage to the small intestine.
Symptoms of Gluten Intolerance That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Indigestion causing diarrhea.
– Difficult bowel movements may also be experienced.
– Unexplained weight loss, fatigue.
– Abdominal cramps.
– Nausea and vomiting.
– Stomach acidity.
Natural Treatments Cure Gluten Intolerance Caused by:
– Genetically inherited.
Types of Gluten Intolerance:
Celiac disease is a type of gluten intolerance. Individuals with this condition experience an immune reaction in the stomach after ingesting products with gluten content.
Dermatitis herpetiformis is another form of gluten intolerance. This affects the skin forming lesions, watery and itchy blisters. It usually occurs on the torso, scalp and buttocks with no abnormal digestive symptoms.
An individual with gluten intolerance requires dietary counseling. Removing all sources of gluten from the diet is recommended. Allergic reactions are managed with prescription drugs like antihistamines, corticosteroids and bronchodilators.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Gluten Intolerance:
– Avoid baked products, barley, malt, bran, sauces, soup base, batter fried foods, ice creams, wheat germ, some yeasts, sausages, mayonnaise as they all contain wheat to a certain extent.
– The following food products can be incorporated instead in daily diet: corn, potato, rice, tapioca, arrowroot, millet, amaranth, etc.
– Distilled vinegars do not contain gluten; however, malt vinegar does contain gluten. Avoid this form of vinegar for cooking and pickling purposes.
– Prebiotics are plant fibers that are essential for nourishing the good bacteria in the intestines. Wheat and wheat products contain 80% of the prebiotics. These fibers are also rich in chicory root, Jerusalem artichoke, leeks, asparagus, etc. Include these in your diet frequently.
– A gluten-free diet need to be followed strictly – a sample menu:
Breakfast: Buckwheat porridge with dried fruits – ½ cup; skim milk – 1 glass; and 1 medium banana.
Lunch: One small chicken breast baked; rice – ½ cup; green beans – ½ cup; apple juice – ½ glass.
Dinner: One salmon grilled; baked potato – 1 medium size; mixed salad – 1 cup; grilled pineapple slices.
Snack Options: Fresh or frozen fruits, dried fruits and nuts, or low-fat microwave popcorns.
– Gluten-free Recipe: Jalapeno cornbread.
Ingredients: Stone ground cornmeal – 1-1/2 cups; gluten-free flour – 1 cup; deseeded and chopped jalapenos – 3 tbsp; baking powder – 1 tsp; baking soda – ½ tsp; sugar – ¼ cup; one egg beaten; 2 sticks butter melted; 1-1/4 cups buttermilk; 2 tsp salt.
Method: Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and soda; sugar and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix melted butter, beaten egg, and buttermilk. Gradually add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently. Let the batter sit for 15 min. Pour the batter into a bread tray and bake in a preheated oven for 30 min at 400 deg. F. Cool and serve.
When gluten intolerance is left untreated for a long period of time it can lead to nutrient deficiency and unintentional weight loss. Thus do not neglect gluten intolerance symptoms.
Here is the Best Guide
Download & follow step by step instructions to get rid of Gluten Intolerance.