How to Cure Gout at Home Naturally
Gout is a condition that is increasingly becoming common among all age groups though it typically occurs in middle age. This condition is found more among men than in women. By following natural strategies this condition can be effectively controlled.
What is Gout:
Gout is a metabolic disease marked by painful inflammation of the joints with excess amount of uric acid present in blood. This blood condition is also known as hyperuricemia. It is a type of arthritis that attacks one joint at a time with sudden pain, redness, swelling, and warmth.
Symptoms of Gout That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Redness and warmth.
– Pain and extreme sensitivity to touch.
Natural Treatments Cure Gout Caused by:
– Build up of urates (salt of uric acid) in and around the joints. The body breaks down cells and proteins resulting in the formation of uric acid. These uric acids are released into the bloodstream and ultimately flushed out of the body with the help of the kidneys. When the uric acid is not eliminated from the body, it begins to form crystals that accumulate in the joints and other soft tissues.
– Certain foods and beverages like tea, coffee, and alcohol are known to trigger gout.
– Weight fluctuation is known to be associated with gout attacks.
– Alcohol abuse.
– Abnormal kidney function.
– Certain disease conditions like leukemia or hemoglobin disorders that cause increased uric acid levels in blood.
Gout is most often known to affect the big toe joint. Other body parts that can be affected by this condition are foot and ankle joints.
It should be noted though that an individual with hyperuricemia need not develop gout. The first step taken while treating gout conditions using conventional methods is to alleviate the pain with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs that are non-steroidal followed by urate lowering drugs.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Gout:
– Control weight and blood pressure.
– Drink plenty of fluids preferably water.
– Avoid dehydrating beverages like coffee, tea, and cocoa drinks.
– Limit intake of foods that have high purine (crystallized solids that are formed by uric acid) content like mushrooms, sardines, shrimps, and organ meats.
– Dark cherries and dark grapes are known to reduce the production of uric acid by the body.
– Carrot, cucumber and beet juice in the ratio of 3:1:1 is effective in preventing uric acid crystal formation.
– An application of lemon juice mixed in coconut oil soothes the inflamed joint. Alternatively asafetida mixed in coconut oil can be used.
– Limit protein intake and increase food that contain protein breaking enzymes like papaya and bananas.
Gout is a chronic and progressive disease condition. This condition can be controlled and prevented by certain diet and lifestyle modifications. The benefit of choosing natural treatment methods is that the individual’s overall health is improved. It is important to look for long-term management strategies in order to prevent future attacks. Repeated attacks of gout could cause damage to the joints and immobility, thus in severe conditions seek medical help.
Are You looking for a Quick Cure for Gout ?
Read more about Professional Natural Treatment methods to get rid of Gout faster.