How to Cure Hair Problems at Home Naturally
It is a desire by most, especially women, to have hair which is full of life – thick, shiny, and long. This is however hampered in most individuals by hair and scalp diseases. By proper external and internal nourishment of the scalp and hair, achieving healthy hair and retaining it is possible.
Solution at Home
What are Hair Problems?
Hair noted in abundance on the scalp in humans is mainly for protecting the head from extreme weather conditions. It acts as a barrier to harmful sun rays. Hair formed around our eyes and in nasal regions protects these sense organs from air pollutants. There are various diseases or abnormalities that can affect the hair itself, but mostly the scalp.
Hair problems come in various forms, mainly:
Head lice – Lice are tiny usually flattened insects parasitic on warm human blood typically noted on the scalp. They are not dangerous and are not known to spread diseases, but they do cause hair fall.
Dandruff – this is one common form of hair problems experienced by many. Itching and flaking are the most visible symptoms. There are various triggers and factors that cause this scalp condition.
Hair loss – Hair fall in small amounts is normal. Hair fall in excess leading to thinning of hair and baldness are signs of temporary or permanent hair loss.
Oily hair – Sebum is the fatty lubricant matter secreted by sebaceous glands of the skin. Excess sebum on the scalp leads to oily hair conditions. This type of hair condition collects dirt easily, causes dandruff, making it essential to wash hair frequently.
Dry hair – Less sebum production in the scalp and exposure to extreme weather conditions can cause dry hair. Dry, brittle hair leads to easy breakage and eventually hair fall.
Symptoms of Hair Problems That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Unexplained hair fall.
– Skin flakes noted on clothes when suffering from dandruff.
– In case of lice a feeling of something moving on the scalp.
– Itching and sores on the head due to excess scratching.
– Dull, limp hair in oily hair conditions.
– Brittle hair when hair and scalp is dry.
Natural Treatments Cure Hair Problems Caused by:
– Long-term illness.
– Prescription drugs.
– Hormonal imbalances.
– Disease conditions.
– Environmental factors.
– Stress and worry.
– Lack of hair and scalp hygiene.
– Ageing process.
Herbal and medicated hair formulas are available in the market in abundance to resolve hair problems. Pills, lotions, and medicated shampoos may be prescribed for severe hair problems.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Hair Problems:
– Mix a few drops of lemon juice with garlic paste. Apply thoroughly on the scalp and leave for 30 min before washing hair. This helps to get rid of lice.
– Blend 1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp coconut oil with 1 tsp lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the scalp and hair and leave it on for 10 min. Wash hair thoroughly with cold water. This should be applied weekly for 3 months to treat dry hair conditions effectively.
– Mix equal amounts (1 tsp) of rosemary, basil, and lavender essential oils. Blend equal amounts of burdock oil and aloe vera gel (approximately 1 tbsp). Combine both mixtures and massage into your scalp an hour before washing. This is an effective remedy for dry hair conditions.
– Mix 2 portions of shikakai (Acacia Concinna) powder, 1 portion of green gram powder, and ½ portion of fenugreek powder. Blend it into a fine paste. When required mix 1 tbsp of this mix in 1 egg white and use as a hair wash. When done regularly it helps get rid of oily scalp conditions.
– Scoop out the inner gel from aloe vera leaves and mix with little honey. Apply this on washed hair and leave it on for 20-30 min. Wash with cold water. This rinse used regularly promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss to a great extent.
– Blend 1 egg, 2 tbsp honey, and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Apply on the scalp and gently massage. Wrap the head with a warm towel and leave it on for 30 min. Wash with cold water. This nourishes the scalp and hair effectively.
– Massaging the scalp with apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water is a helpful remedy for treating dandruff. Vinegar is effective in fighting bacteria and massaging helps in increasing blood circulation closer to the scalp skin.
– Another option for dandruff remedy would be to rub juice extracted from half a lemon on the scalp. Let it dry out and once an itch is felt, washy off with cold water before regular shampooing.
Hair problems in its more severe form are best treated under the guidance of a medical practitioner to avoid permanent hair loss.
E-Book Guide to Prepare Hair Solution