How to Cure Head Lice at Home Naturally
Scalp and hair just like any other part of the body must be kept healthy. A good health regimen of eating a balanced diet, regular exercise, and regular washing is essential to maintain a healthy scalp. When scalp hygiene is not maintained it paves way for various scalp and hair disorders and head lice is one among them. Head lice infestation is one of the common infectious childhood diseases. Effective home remedies are available to treat head lice naturally.
-) Happy Success Stories
What is Head Lice?
Lice are any of the wingless, small, usually flattened insects parasitic on warm-blooded animals. The lice develop in stages namely from a nit – the egg; to a nymph – a baby louse; and finally the adult louse. They typically infest the human head.
Symptoms of Head Lice That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Prolonged itching of the scalp.
– Red, elevated bumps on scalp, neck.
– Nits in hair.
Natural Treatments Cure Head Lice Caused by:
– Improper maintenance of scalp and hair.
– Unhealthy living conditions.
– Contacted from a person suffering from head lice.
Types of Lice:
There are three different types of lice that can affect the human body. The first variety is known to affect the head and neck. The second variety affects the body; and the third is known to appear on the genital area, occasionally attacking the eyebrows and eyelashes.
Medicated creams, shampoos, and lotions are generally avoided while treating head lice because of its harsh chemical ingredients. Long term use of these products can affect the health of the scalp and hair adversely.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Head Lice:
– Apply lemon juice mixed with garlic paste on the scalp evenly before bedtime. Wash the next morning thoroughly to get rid of dead lice and nits. Garlic acts as a natural pesticide.
– Neem paste made from fresh neem leaves applied on the scalp regularly helps to eradicate lice and nits effectively. Neem has natural antiseptic properties.
– Apply mayonnaise thoroughly on the scalp and cover the head with a shower cap. Leave it on for an hour or two and rinse thoroughly for better results.
– Massage onion juice on to the scalp gently. Let it remain for about 2 hours before a thorough hair wash. The pungent sulfur content of the onion juice helps in eradicating this parasite when used regularly.
– Tea tree oil has antiseptic and antifungal properties. Combine 5 tsp of virgin coconut oil with 5 drops of tea tree oil. Apply on the scalp and hair up to its edges, and leave it in for about an hour before a thorough rinse. This is an effective remedy for head lice.
– Apply vinegar thoroughly on the scalp and hair and cover the head with a shower cap. Wash hair after 2 hours. Vinegar loosens the adhesive that attaches the nits to the hair making it easier to be combed out.
– Mechanical removal of lice and nits with the help of the specially designed lice comb is effective but only when done religiously.
– Maintain proper scalp and hair hygiene. Wash hair regularly. Do not share hair care products with a person suffering from head lice to avoid re-infestation.
Getting rid of head lice effectively may require several trials of home remedies. However, if they continue to be persistent, seek medical help.
Get Rid of Recurrent Head Lice
You may need Professional Natural Treatment for Head Lice Removal at Home.
Home Cure Guide for Head lice.