How to Cure Heartburn at Home Naturally
Health of an individual depends to a large extent on the health of the digestive system. Many disease conditions are known to stem from poor digestive capacity. Heartburn is a more common form of a stomach disorder that can be helped with simple home remedies.
Happy Success Stories
What is Heartburn?
Heartburn is a burning discomfort usually related to spasm of the lower end of the esophagus or of the upper part of the stomach. It can also cause pain in the chest area behind the breastbone. This occurs when the acid content in the stomach backs up into the esophagus.
For food to get digested, the digestive system combines food with acid and enzymes present in the stomach. The digestive tract has a protective layer to prevent the acid from causing any inflammatory reaction except for the esophagus. Thus when the acid content backs up into the esophagus it causes inflammation resulting in heartburn.
Symptoms of Heartburn That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– A bloating sensation.
– Gassy feeling.
– A sour or acidic taste in the mouth and throat.
– Shortness of breath.
Natural Treatments Cure Heartburn Caused by:
– Ingesting food that has a high acidic content.
– Eating in a hurry with improper chewing of food.
– Having heavy meals just before bedtime.
– Certain disease conditions and medications.
Types of Heartburn:
Heartburn can occur during pregnancy. The enlarged uterus places the esophageal sphincter out of line making it easier for the food to flow back into the esophagus causing heartburn. Extreme summer conditions can aggravate heartburn symptoms when an unhealthy diet (full of rich, spicy, and fatty foods) is followed. Heartburn may also be a symptom of an underlying disease condition.
Prescription drugs like antacids and proton pump inhibitors may be administered to treat minor heartburn conditions. Surgery is an option for those who do not find relief with intensive medical therapy.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Heartburn:
– Aloe vera juice consumed regularly supports digestion and encourages smooth bowel movements. Consume 25 mL of aloe vera juice once a day for better results.
– Chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after every meal. Fennel seed stimulates digestion and relieve symptoms of bloating.
– Take equal quantities of dry ginger, sesame seeds, jaggery, and powder them. Dissolve 6 g of this in half a glass of low-fat milk and consume daily for relief.
– Apples are known to neutralize the acid causing heartburn. Simply eat fresh apples to reduce heartburn symptoms.
– Eat a handful of fresh raw almonds at the first sign of heartburn. The natural oil present in this nut neutralizes the stomach acid gradually reducing the burning sensation.
– Suck 1-2 black cardamoms with a little honey to soothe the heat from heartburn condition. Alternatively make a tea from 1 tbsp cardamom, 1 small piece cinnamon stick, 2 cloves, 2 thin slices of ginger, and lemon rind in 2 cups of boiling water for heartburn relief.
– Celery aids in digestion and helps to keep the stomach acid under control. It relieves muscle spasms and keeps the stomach calm. The high alkaline content counteracts the stomach acid. A stick of celery will take care of the heartburn.
– Follow a healthy diet and have meals at regular intervals to prevent heartburn.
– Avoid fatty, spicy foods; aerated and caffeinated beverages; citrus foods and tomatoes. Avoid smoking, and alcohol consumption to keep heartburn symptoms at bay.
Recurrent irritation and inflammation of the esophagus can lead to ulcers. Hence when heartburn symptoms are persistent, do visit the family physician immediately to avoid further complications.
Get Benefited from Latest Research Results
Researchers have found how to effectively use traditional home remedies & methods to cure Heart Burn at Home – read more.
Best Home Cure Guide [ Best Seller ]