How to Cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome at Home Naturally
Irritable bowel syndrome is a chronic bowel disorder that can have a major impact on the quality of the sufferer’s life. This is not a disease condition and though it is marked by frequent recurrences, it does not increase the risk of colorectal cancer and neither is it contagious. Many cases of IBS can be effectively treated at home by managing a proper diet and engaging in a healthy lifestyle.
Happy Success Stories
> How I Cured IBS at Home [ permanently]
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome ?
Irritable bowel syndrome is a chronic gastrointestinal disorder due to various factors causing altered bowel habits. The digestive system does not function as it should. This generally affects the large intestine and is not known to cause any inflammatory conditions.
Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Indigestion, diarrhea.
– Anal fissures due to frequent bowel movements.
– Flatulence, a bloating sensation.
– Unusual muscle spasms or contractions of the lower part of the colon.
Natural Treatments Cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome Caused by:
– Unhealthy diet, consuming excessive spicy and fatty foods.
– Irregular meal timings.
– Sensitivity to certain foods.
– Smoking, alcohol, and even prescription drugs.
Types of Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Irritable bowel syndrome can occur with constipation characterized by irregular, delayed bowel movements leading to lumpy or hard stools.
Irritable bowel syndrome may occur with diarrhea where in there are frequent bowel movements, either loose or watery in nature.
Irritable bowel syndrome is also known to alternate between the two types over time.
Most often to treat irritable bowel symptoms effectively it may only require a change in diet and following a healthy lifestyle. More persistent and severe symptoms may require prescription drugs like antibiotics, anti-diarrhea, and anti-depressant medications. Fiber supplements and counseling may also be given in certain cases.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
– Honey has antibacterial properties because of its methylglyoxal content. To ease symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, 1 tsp honey every day may help to support friendly bacteria present in the stomach.
– Ginger aids in digestion and soothes stomach ailments. Peel fresh ginger, slice it finely, combine with fresh lemon juice and consume after every meal to ease bowel discomforts.
– Indian gooseberry is a natural antioxidant, balances the stomach acids, and encourages food absorption. Consume a couple of gooseberries a day to ease stomach problems.
– Consuming a glass of fresh pomegranate juice with black salt after a heavy meal can help reduce heartburn symptoms. Alternatively fresh apple or grape juice may also be taken.
– Yogurt is rich in healthy bacteria called acidophilus that aids in digestion. The pro-biotic in yogurt helps the digestive system to maintain a healthy balance between the good and bad bacteria thus beneficial for irritable bowel syndrome sufferers. Accommodate yogurt in your daily diet for better results.
– Pound equal quantities of ginger, pepper corns, and cardamom seeds. Take ½ tsp of this mixture with water an hour after every meal to help in digestion and reduce bowel irritability.
– Aloe vera juice is a natural soothing agent. It soothes the digestive tract providing relief from minor stomach infections. Consume aloe vera juice made from the inner leaf gel to maintain the health of the digestive tract and prevent infections.
– Warm compress or heating pads applied on the abdominal area can ease pain caused due to irritable bowel syndrome.
– Consume fresh vegetables and fruits, fiber rich, and wholesome foods. Avoid refined, oily food items; carbonated, caffeinated beverages; alcohol and smoking to prevent its recurrences.
When irritable bowel syndrome occurs with unusual symptoms or if the problem is severe and of a sudden onset, seek professional help.