How to Cure Itchy Scalp at Home Naturally
Scalp disorders are often skin related and since the skin on the scalp is sensitive, treating scalp problems can be tricky. Do not ignore the itching in your scalp as severe conditions often lead to irreversible hair loss. An irritated scalp is an indication of dry scalp. Home remedies for itchy scalp helps to soothe the problem.
What is Itchy Scalp?
An itchy scalp is an inflammatory condition of the skin on the scalp underneath the hair. This may be due to a dry scalp or increased heat and trapped sweat causes a fungal infection which can lead to dandruff formation. Scaling and flaking of the scalp along with itching occurs. Occasionally, sticky crusts with small boils too might be noted.
Symptoms of Itchy Scalp That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Itchiness often leading to a painful scalp condition.
– Sore, burning scalp.
– Small boils.
– Flaky, white skin in the hair.
Natural Treatments Cure Itchy Scalp Caused by:
– Dry scalp which lacks in natural oil, shedding of dead skin cells.
– The white flakes could also result from a hair care product build-up on the scalp.
– Seborrheic dermatitis.
– Sunburn over the scalp.
– Head lice.
– May be also caused by poor scalp hygiene.
Multivitamins, corticosteroids to control the itchiness, antifungal medications, shampoos and conditioners are the available options for treating itchy scalp conditions.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Itchy Scalp:
– Honey is a natural moisturizer. Blend half a cup of milk with one-fourth cup of honey and massage on to the scalp. Leave it on for an hour and wash with clear, cool water to relieve dry, itchy scalp.
– Massage warm olive oil on the scalp and wash with cool water after an hour for better results. Olive oil has intense hydrating effects on the scalp. Massaging the scalp with natural essential oils like lavender, chamomile, eucalyptus or neem is also beneficial because of its anti-fungal properties. Apply and leave the oil on the scalp for at least an hour for better results.
– Crush half a cup of juniper berries in two cups of boiling water. Cool, apply on the scalp and rinse after 10 min. It has natural anti-inflammatory properties and helps in soothing the burning sensation of the scalp.
– Apply aloe vera gel to the scalp and spread it evenly on the surface. Leave in for 10 min and rinse it out thoroughly to provide relief to dry, itchy scalp.
– Crush hibiscus flower and leaves and apply the resultant gel on the scalp evenly. Rinse thoroughly after an hour or so. Hibiscus has a soothing effect on the scalp. It eliminates toxins and improves circulation to the scalp thereby minimizing itchiness.
– Apply warm virgin coconut oil to the scalp to reduce itchiness. Coconut oil in its unrefined form is a natural moisturizer.
– Pour a cup of boiling water over 1 tsp of birch leaves. Steep for ten min. and strain. Massage gently into the scalp and leave it in without rinsing for better results. Birch has natural anti-inflammatory properties and helps in soothing itchy, burning scalp.
– A diet rich in vitamin A, B, E, and C; omega-3 fatty acids found in fish and olive oil is essential for the health of the scalp and hair growth.
– Use cool water for your final hair rinse after shampooing the hair. Warm water helps in product build-up thus drying up the scalp. Dandruff too does not get washed away with warm water.
– Cleanse hair as often as possible and maintaining clean hair is very important to decrease itchiness. Brush hair as often as possible to improve circulation to the scalp.
When there is excessive scratching, or other uncommon symptoms it may require medical treatment. If the symptoms are persistent and are not relieved with natural remedies, seek prompt medical care.
Home Cure Guide for Itchy Scalp [ Best Seller ]