How to Cure Jock Itch at Home Naturally
Jock itch is an embarrassing problem and can have a huge impact on any sufferer’s life. It can cause distraction at the workplace or cause difficulties in getting a good night’s sleep because of the constant itching. Natural remedial measures are available for effectively treating jock itch.
Happy Success Stories
What is Jock Itch?
An itch is a skin disorder accompanied by an uneasy irritating sensation in the upper surface of the skin. Jock itch is a fungal infection caused by trichophyton rubrum that thrives in moist and warm environment affecting the groin and upper thigh area. Jock itch is medically known as tinea cruris.
Symptoms of Jock Itch That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Ring shaped rashes.
– Itching sensation.
– Bright red, scaly, raised bumps around the rash edges.
The rash may even spread to the genitals and anal area.
Natural Treatments Cure Jock Itch Caused by:
– Regular use of broad-spectrum antibiotics.
– Weak immune system.
– Inadequate diet.
– Transmitted by contact with an infected person.
Mild cases may only require antifungal ointments, powder, or spray. Severe conditions require antifungal medications for relief. The rash may clear up with these methods but prolonged use of topical or oral prescription drugs leads to various side effects.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Jock Itch:
– Apply calendula oil to the affected area regularly for itch relief. Calendula has many natural beneficial properties including anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and acts as an astringent.
– Dilute a few drops of cedar leaf extract in 2 tsp of virgin olive oil and apply to the itchy area for relief. Cedar leaf extracts acts as a natural antiseptic, antifungal cleanser.
– Black walnut is an excellent remedy for fungal infections. Black walnut in tincture form or its liquid extract should be applied topically to the affected area for relief.
– Make a paste from equal amounts of turmeric powder, carom seed powder, and a few drops of onion juice. Apply this mixture to the area regularly for relief. Turmeric is a natural antifungal herb, carom seeds contain thymol that has antiseptic properties, and onion is related to garlic and has similar antifungal properties.
– Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil in 2 tbsp of olive oil and apply to the area twice a day for itch relief. Tea tree oil has natural antifungal properties.
– In 1 cup of boiling water add 2 tsp of fresh or dried thyme leaves. Remove from heat and steep for 20 min. Cool the mixture and apply to the affected area twice a day. Thyme contains the phenol named thymol which helps in fighting against fungus.
– Manuka honey derived from a floral source has effective antifungal properties. Apply to the affected area and wash off after 20 min. Follow this regularly for better results.
– Garlic is a powerful antifungal herb. Crush a garlic clove, mix with olive oil and apply to the affected area regularly for the itch to gradually disappear.
– Fill the bathtub with warm water and add a generous amount of salt. Soak the area for 15 min. Regular salt water cleansing helps to eradicate jock itch completely. Dry the area totally after cleansing and dust some talc powder to continue to keep the area dry.
– Avoid refined flour, alcohol and minimize sugar intake for a diet rich in carbohydrates and alcohol allows the fungi to flourish and upsets the body’s ability to fight it.
Most often these natural remedies help in getting rid of itchy skin infections. When itching persists, to avoid any further embarrassment, seek prompt medical help.