Curing Low Sperm Count at Home Naturally
Planning a pregnancy takes two to tango. Fertility issues are becoming more common. There are several assisted techniques for conception, but couples always opt first for natural methods. Low sperm count is a contributing factor to male infertility. Food and exercises play an important role in male reproductive health.
What is Low Sperm Count?
Semen is a whitish fluid of the male reproductive tract consisting of spermatozoa suspended in secretions of accessory glands. The fluid has an adhesive quality.
A good sperm count is essential to fertilize a female egg. The lower limit of normal count is considered to be 10 million motile sperms per milliliter. The medical term for this condition remains oligospermia or also oligozoospermia.
Symptoms of Low Sperm Count That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
The only known symptom of a low sperm count is the inability to father a child. When the individual has been trying to have a baby with a fertile partner for more than 2 years, then chances of a spontaneous pregnancy is low.
Natural Treatments Cure Low Sperm Count Caused by:
– Ageing factors, low semen levels.
– Emotional stress.
– Testicular exposure to overheating.
– Smoking, alcohol consumption, or substance abuse.
– Lack of proper nutrition.
– Sports like bicycling, especially mountain biking.
– Hereditary factors.
Pills or testosterone injections may be prescribed. At times surgical correction of the varicocele may be done to improve the count. Assisted reproductive techniques like intrauterine insemination, in-vitro fertilization, or intracytoplasmic sperm injection are the available options for men with low sperm count to start a family.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Low Sperm Count:
– The seminal fluid is composed mostly of water. Maintain hydration by drinking plenty of water as it is essential for proper functioning of body cells.
– Zinc and amino acids increased semen volume naturally. Lobsters, crab, oysters are rich in zinc. Turkey, chicken, pork, beef are good sources of zinc. Nuts like peanuts, walnuts, and cashews are high in zinc. Include these foods in your daily diet.
Walnuts and almonds are rich in amino acids that improve blood flow thereby increasing sperm count. Munch on them regularly.
– Omega-3 fatty acids increase blood flow which can raise the sperm count naturally. Fish like sardines, salmon, and tuna are rich in this form of fatty acids.
– Eggs also have high levels of vitamin B12 and selenium and can help increase sperm count.
– Fruits and vegetables are natural antioxidants that help to get rid of toxins from the body which may be stressing out the tissues impairing sperm production. Include organic berries, spinach, grapefruit, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, juices from orange and lemon into your diet frequently.
– Give up caffeinated and carbonated beverages as they are known to lower sperm count.
– Avoid frequent ejaculations as it can reduce sperm count. Give a gap of 3-4 days between sexual intercourse to increase semen volume.
– Avoid wearing tight undergarments. Tight fitting underwear increases scrotal temperature which results in low sperm production. Switch to boxers.
– Staying for long durations in a hot tub or sauna can increase the scrotal temperature and affect the sperm production. Follow these by washing the scrotal area with cold water to cool the body temperature.
Seek professional help when desired results are not achieved with natural approach. There are a wide range of sophisticated methods available for conception. Though expensive, they are known to give longing results.