How to Cure Lupus at Home Naturally
Lupus is a complex disease and its flare-ups can be extremely uncomfortable. It is an autoimmune deficiency with a multitude of smaller signs and symptoms that most often are overlooked or misdiagnosed. Various natural treatment methods have known to help fight lupus.
Happy Success Stories
What is Lupus?
Normally the immune system produces antibodies to fight against germs and infections. Lupus is an inflammatory connective tissue disease occurring when the body’s immune system attacks its own tissue. This results in various lesions or rashes developing on the skin. Individuals react differently to lupus, thus symptoms vary from person to person.
Symptoms of Lupus That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Butterfly rash across the cheeks and nose.
– Flu like symptoms, fever, aches.
– Fatigue, loss of appetite.
– Swollen glands or joints.
Natural Treatments Cure Lupus Caused by:
– Hereditary factors.
– Hormonal imbalance.
– Viral or bacterial infections.
– Environmental factors like ultraviolet rays and toxic chemicals.
Types of Lupus:
Systemic lupus erythematosus: The common feature of this form of lupus is a butterfly rash across the cheeks, but also known to affect the joints, kidneys, lungs, heart, liver, etc.
Cutaneous lupus erythematosus: This is a dermal form of lupus affecting the sun exposed areas. This often clears during the winter months and do not scar.
Discoid lupus erythematosus: This affects the cheeks, nose and ears, causing unsightly inflamed scaly patches often leaving behind white scars.
Chilblain lupus erythematosus: In this form of lupus, the sufferers may experience inflammatory swelling on the feet and hands caused by exposure to cold with dilated blood vessels visible at the base of the fingernails.
Drug-induced lupus erythematosus: Certain medications may trigger lupus in predisposed individuals.
The treatment depends on its severity and which body system is affected. Anti-inflammatory drugs and immunosuppressive medications are generally prescribed to treat lupus conditions. To manage this disease condition certain lifestyle modifications and following a healthy diet is essential to prevent any further flare-ups.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Lupus:
– Avoid refined foods, food additives and preservatives, fatty and oily foods. Avoid drinking chlorinated water, aerated drinks, and alcohol. Consume whole green vegetables and fresh fruits.
– Avoid alfalfa sprouts, eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes, and peppers. The solanine, a bitter crystalline alkaloid, present in them can aggravate pain and inflammation in lupus sufferers.
– Meadowsweet herb contains salicylic acid that has an anti-inflammatory, healing, sedative action. It helps to relieve pain associated with arthritis and rheumatism in lupus sufferers. Steep 3 tsp dried herb in 250 mL boiling water for 15 min. Drink up to 2-3 cups a day for better results.
– Black cohosh again contains the anti-inflammatory salicylic acid beneficial for lupus conditions. Add 2 tsp dried black cohosh rootstock to 1 pint of boiling water, remove from heat and cool. Consume this decoction 6 times a day to lessen lupus symptoms.
– Pound a handful of oregano leaves to make a paste by adding small amounts of hot water occasionally to reach the desired consistency. Apply this paste to the affected areas to relieve lupus pain, swelling, and itching. Oregano has antioxidant properties and can strengthen the immune system.
– Stinging nettle root extract works best for lupus sufferers. Take 100-500 mg of nettle root extract on an empty stomach 2-3 times a day. Stinging nettle has anti-inflammatory actions and is known to strengthen and support the whole body.
– Pine bark has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Take pine bark extract 50 mg twice a day to treat lupus conditions.
– Curcumin, an antioxidant and an active ingredient in turmeric, is known to play a major role in treating lupus. This herb is widely used as a spice in traditional dishes. Turmeric as a dietary supplement to treat lupus should be taken at a dose of 300 mg, three times a day for better results.
There are several inflammatory heart, kidney, and lung disorders that can affect lupus sufferers if the symptoms are left unchecked for a prolonged period of time. When the symptoms are persistent, seek professional help to avoid developing any secondary disease conditions.
Lupus Home Cure Guide
Step by step guide to cure Lupus at Home.