How to Cure Menopause Symptoms at Home Naturally – Stop Hot Flashes
A woman’s body changes throughout her lifetime due to fluctuating hormonal levels that occur at different stages in life. Menopause is a transition time period in every woman’s life. It is a process of reproductive aging that marks the end of the reproductive phase. A more natural approach to manage their health during menopause is what more and more women are opting for at present.
What is Menopause?
Menopause is a period of natural cessation of menstrual cycles generally experienced in women between the ages of 45 and 50. When a woman experiences 12 consecutive months (1 year) without a menstrual cycle then technically it means that she has entered into her menopause.
Symptoms of Menopause That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
Not all women are affected the same way and the symptoms can vary from individual to individual. The most common symptoms, however, are –
– Exhaustion. The woman experiences fatigue even with less physical exertion and can affect normal daily routine. This can be a very distressing symptom to experience during menopause.
– Irritability. During menopause irritability in all probability is due to the various other symptoms that exist like lack of sleep, hot flashes, or exhaustion.
– Hot flashes. The hypothalamus situated in the brain is responsible for the regulation of body temperatures. Hypothalamus is affected when the estrogen levels become erratic during menopause causing hot flashes and night sweating in women.
– Vaginal dryness. Estrogen level changes leads to dryness of the genital area that can in turn lead to common occurrences of vaginal infections, painful intercourse, and urinary traction infections.
– Osteoporosis. Estrogen helps in maintaining a healthy bone mass. During menopause due to low estrogen levels more bone is lost than is replaced leading to weak and porous bones.
– Weight gain. Reduced activity and a general slowing of the metabolic rate may be the actual causes of weight gain during menopause rather than menopause itself. The weight gain may also occur due to water retention. Dietary changes and exercises recommended if this symptom occurs.
– Severe hair fall. Post menopause the hormone (estrogen) levels drop drastically which leads to drying of skin and thinning or falling of hair. Hair fall may, however, also occur due to various other reasons ranging from a scalp infection to an idiopathic cause. Therefore, proper diagnosis is recommended.
Natural Treatments Cure Menopause Caused by:
– Some types of surgery cause menopause like hysterectomy (uterus removal) or oophorectomy (ovary removal). Menopausal symptoms occur right away after such surgeries are performed.
– Therapies like radiation therapy or chemotherapy also give rise to menopausal symptoms.
– Emotional stress. Early menopause can arise when the woman experiences any psychological, emotional stress that disrupts the normal menstrual cycle.
Types of Menopause:
Menopause can either be an ideal menopause which involves only subtle changes in hormonal levels with minimal or no symptoms or it can be a state which involves drastic hormone (testosterone, estrogen, progesterone) level changes which leads to different body reactions in different women.
Menopause is considered premature when it occurs as early as the 30’s. It is considered artificial when therapies like radiation, chemotherapy; or surgeries like hysterectomy, oophorectomy brings about menopausal symptoms.
Hormone replacement therapy with replacement of estrogen alone or in combination with other hormonal (testosterone, progesterone) replacements are known to be effective but they come with their own risk factors. Lifestyle changes combined with exercise should help in combating bodily discomforts and mood swings that accompany with menopausal symptoms.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Menopause:
– Lifestyle modifications, smoking cessation, and reduced alcohol intake is advised.
– Black cohosh is generally taken as a strong tea and is gaining popularity as a remedy for menopausal symptoms because of its estrogen-like qualities.
– Dandelion, a yellow-flowered herb, helps in preventing osteoporosis. Consuming tea made from dandelion root is considered to be beneficial.
– Ingesting juniper berries helps in relieving water retention which can be a menopausal symptom.
– Including foods like soy/soy sprouts, oat meals, almonds, brown rice in the diet is known to reduce menopausal discomforts.
– Avoiding caffeinated and carbonated beverages are recommended to help reduce bone loss experienced during menopause.
– Increased physical activities and exercises are known to be beneficial.
Achieving an ideal menopause should be the goal of every woman and a reasonable one too. This goal can be achieved by way of natural methods as it does not pose as a risk to the woman’s health. In extreme cases, however, women may turn to an expert’s advice when natural approaches to reduce discomfort prove to be non-beneficial.
Best Cure for Menopause Symptoms