How to Cure Migraine at Home Naturally
More than one fourth of the world’s population lives with migraine and it affects people of all age groups. Migraine is a common, disabling headache disorder and is a recurring condition. Majority of the migraine sufferers prefer to use natural methods to help cope with the pain.
What is a Migraine?
Migraine is a condition marked by recurrent severe headaches accompanied often with nausea and vomiting. The popular belief is that a shift in brain chemicals gives rise to migraine attacks. It should be noted that migraine is not just a bad headache. In fact the pain experienced during a migraine attack can be excruciating leading to intense mental distress. Its duration can last for hours or days together.
Symptoms of Migraine That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Sensitivity to light, sound, or even odors.
– Pressure behind the eyes.
– Throbbing pulse around the temples (the flattened space on each side of the forehead).
– Sharp pain that is one sided (either left or right side of the head). Pain on both sides of the head during a migraine attack is quite rare though not uncommon.
– Nausea and vomiting.
– Increased sweating.
Natural Treatments Cure Migraine Caused by:
– Cigarette smoke.
– Motion sickness.
– Irregular sleep patterns.
– Hormonal imbalance.
– Extreme weather conditions.
Types of Migraine:
Migraines with aura and without aura are the two known types of migraine.
Many a time the migraine attack is caused by a visual disturbance known as migraine aura. The visual changes like zigzag lines or light flashes can occur either in one or both eyes. The aura occurs minutes or hours ahead of the actual migraine attack.
Migraine without aura is the most common type of migraine and is generally one sided. The pain is pulsating in nature and aggravated by routine physical activities.
Migraine therapy options may include acute care or preventive measures. Acute care is employed to treat individual migraine attacks; and preventive measures, which are ongoing, is employed to reduce the frequency, intensity, and severity of the migraine attacks. Non-medical treatment methods are more often explored by migraine sufferers to minimize the risk of long-term medications.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Migraine:
– Avoid dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids like water, fresh fruit juices, buttermilk, and tender coconut water.
– Magnesium-rich diet reduces the frequency and severity of migraine headaches. Black beans, broad beans, broccoli, brown rice, barley, oat bran, soy milk are all good sources of magnesium.
– Migraine nausea and vomiting can be relieved by consuming a paste made of dry ginger in small quantities.
– Limit caffeine intake as caffeine is known to shrink the blood vessels that make migraines pound even more.
– Protect head and eyes from direct sunlight by wearing sunglasses, a hat, or using an umbrella.
– Applying a cold pack on the back of the neck for around 15-20 minutes is known to bring relief. Keep the environment around as dark as possible if there is sensitivity to light.
– Get undisturbed seven to eight hours of sleep. Try and go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on holidays. Lifestyle changes can prevent or reduce the intensity of migraine attacks.
– Being alert to triggers that cause the rise of migraine attacks like extreme weather changes, hormonal changes, or high stress conditions is recommended to help avoid the triggers in turn enabling to reduce any future migraine attacks.
Reducing migraine attacks can be achieved by certain lifestyle modifications, dietary changes, and exercises that altar body conditions. More recurrent and severe attacks may require the help of a professional doctor.
You may try > Migraine Relief system for a quick cure.