How to Cure Osteoporosis at Home Naturally
Osteoporosis is a frequently occurring bone disease among women over the age of 50. It is the most common cause for adult women to experience fractures of the wrist, hips, spine or legs without any specific trauma. Older men too suffer from this bone condition. A good balanced diet and regular exercise can help in preventing osteoporosis.
What is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis occurs when the body fails to produce enough new bones. It is characterized by loss of bone density and decreased bone mass over time. It causes enlargement of bone spaces producing porous and fragile bones.
Symptoms of Osteoporosis That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Fractures with no evident trauma.
– Loss of height over time.
– Gradual onset of body aches, like lower back or neck pain.
– A bent body posture – forward inclination of the head and shoulders.
Natural Treatments Cure Osteoporosis Caused by:
– Calcium and phosphate are two minerals that are necessary for normal bone production. As the body ages these minerals are reabsorbed back into the body from the bones making them weak.
– Menopause is characterized by reduced estrogen production which in turn accelerates bone loss.
– Family history. Genetic factors contribute to osteoporosis.
– Increased alcohol consumption and smoking. These two habits impair the body’s ability to absorb calcium.
– Lack of exercise. Inactivity hampers the overall body functioning.
Types of Osteoporosis:
Osteoporosis can develop post menopause related to low estrogen levels. It can be age related directly related to the body’s aging process. Osteoporosis may be secondary due to diseases affecting the endocrine system, liver disease, or alcoholism.
There are several treatment options for osteoporosis. The treatment goal is to minimize pain from the disease and reduce bone loss. Medications can help prevent osteoporosis but there is no guaranteed cure. Osteoporosis effective management can be achieved with lifestyle modifications.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Osteoporosis:
– Sesame seeds are rich in calcium and magnesium both essential to prevent osteoporosis.
– Almonds are rich in calcium. Soak almonds in lukewarm water and grind with soy milk. Consume it regularly to prevent osteoporosis.
– Weight-bearing exercises, cycling on a stationary bicycle reduces the likelihood of fractures in osteoporosis sufferers. Care should be taken to avoid high-impact exercises though. Regular exercise is necessary to increase bone mass and strength in turn preventing osteoporosis.
– Follow a high-calcium and vitamin K diet.
Calcium is essential to maintain bone mass. Spinach, low-fat milk, sardines with the bones, and yogurt are good calcium sources.
Brussels sprouts, broccoli, lettuce and even spinach are good vitamin K sources.
– Regular intake of magnesium in the diet is important to maintain healthy bones. Oysters, black beans, pumpkin seeds, peanuts are all magnesium rich foods.
– Try and quit smoking and limit alcohol consumption.
– Vitamin D is good for the bones as it facilitates calcium absorption. Expose body to unfiltered sunrays, though not over exposure, preferably in the morning when the sunlight is not harsh.
Prevention of osteoporosis is an ongoing process that should being in childhood and last throughout adulthood.
Osteoporosis can impair the individual’s strength but is not known to affect the life expectancy. Prevention techniques utilizing natural treatment methods is the most sought after option to treat this condition. In very severe cases professional help is warranted as this bone disease can leave the individual disabled for life.
Best Natural Way to Cure Osteoporosis at Home