How to Cure Plantar Fasciitis at Home Naturally
Heel pain or plantar fasciitis is a common inflammatory condition of the heels prevalent more among adult women though it can affect anyone at any age. This condition develops in individuals who have flat feet or unusually high arches. This is generally a curable condition but sudden flare ups are always a possibility. Simple natural treatment methods usually work in effective treatment of plantar fasciitis.
Read Success Stories
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Fascia is a fibrous connective tissue surrounding muscles, blood vessels, nerves binding them together. It is composed of several layers and found throughout the body. Plantar fasciitis is an inflammatory condition of the soles of the feet causing chronic heel pain. It is characterized by inflammation, irritation, and pain at the fascial attachment into the heel bone.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Pain felt in the underside of the heel noticed with the first step taken when out of bed in the morning. The pain is often sharp, stabbing in nature which subsides after some activity turning into a dull ache.
– Pain felt after long periods of rest.
– Swollen heel.
Natural Treatments Cure Plantar Fasciitis Caused by:
– Abnormal rotation of the foot.
– Flat feet or over pronation.
– Excessive stress on the heel caused due to running, jogging, dancing, etc.
– Weight gain causing excessive weight on the feet.
– Walking for long distances.
– Standing on hard surfaces for long durations.
– Ill fitting footwear with little arch support.
Plantar fasciitis is often confused with other abnormal conditions of the heels like heel spurs or tarsal tunnel syndrome. Heel spurs are abnormal growth noticed in the heel bone due to excessive calcium deposits. Tarsal tunnel syndrome on the other hand is a heel condition caused by compression of the tibial nerve or its associated branches that produce pain symptoms.
Anti-inflammatory medications, night splints; in severe cases – cortisone injections, extracorporeal shock wave therapy are the conventional treatment options available. These modalities may not resolve the symptoms quickly.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Plantar Fasciitis:
– Give the body rest and avoid activities that precipitate this heel condition.
– Avoid sports activities like running, walkathon, and engage in daily light-weight exercises.
– Avoid walking barefooted.
– Ice packs. Cold packs are simple to use and provide instant relief and aid in control of swelling and inflammation.
– Replace all old footwear with flexible soles and good arch support. Treatment for any kind of foot pains begin with wearing more accommodating footwear. Orthotic shoe inserts like gel heel cups help to relieve symptoms of plantar fasciitis.
– Stretch the calf muscles before taking the first few steps in the morning and also after a considerable time of inactivity. Plantar fasciitis is aggravated by tighter heel and calf muscles. Lean the body forward with one knee straight and feet flat on the ground and the other leg in front with knee bent and feet on the ground. Push the hips toward the wall in a controlled fashion. A sharp pull should be felt in the calf during this stretch exercise. Repeat these stretches a couple of times through the day.
The key factor here is prevention. Maintain a good weight throughout with regular exercises and a healthy diet. In cases where simple treatment methods fail to provide adequate relief, more aggressive treatment methods may be attempted.
Take care of your feet and they will take good care of you.
Best Natural Method to Cure Plantar Fasciitis at Home
Are you looking for a Permanent Cure for Plantar Fasciitis ,even without reducing your body weight –