How to Cure Psoriasis at Home Naturally
Psoriasis is a common skin condition that can affect both genders and at all ages. Because of its unsightly appearance in severe conditions, this could be a cause for social embarrassment or emotional distress in the sufferers. Since this is a long-term treatment process people look towards alternative home remedies as a safer option.
Read Success Stories
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition characterized by circumscribed red patches of skin covered with white scales. This skin condition is a result of uncontrolled, rapid skin cell growth. The most common areas affected are the scalp, elbows, knees, palms and soles of the feet.
Symptoms of Psoriasis That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Dry, inflamed, red, raised patches on skin.
– White patches of scaly skin.
– Itchy skin.
Natural Treatments Cure Psoriasis Caused by:
The exact cause of psoriasis remains unknown but it may be caused due to:
– Inadequate immune system.
– Extreme stress.
– Cold weather conditions.
– Use of strong cosmetic topical creams.
– Skin injuries that could develop into psoriasis.
– Certain medications known to induce psoriasis.
Types of Psoriasis:
Psoriasis is classified into five types mainly:
Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis characterized by raised, red skin covered with white scales which are usually dead skin cells.
Erythrodermic psoriasis is the least common form of psoriasis. It is an inflammatory form and often affects most of the body surface. Severe itching and pain often accompanies this type of psoriasis.
Flexural psoriasis is prominent in areas of skin folds like armpits, groin, behind the knees, under the breasts, etc. Constant friction between the skin folds gives rise to red, itchy, and sometimes painful lesions.
Guttate psoriasis arises due to a bacterial infection. It is commonly known as ‘teardrop’ or ‘raindrop’ psoriasis since it takes the form of drop like lesions. This is an uncommon type and noticed generally among children and young adults.
Pustular psoriasis is an uncommon but severe form of psoriasis. The appearance is marked by raised bumps with tiny white heads which are pus filled. The skin surface under the bumps is generally red and inflamed. Treatment involving the use of certain medications is usually known to flare up this condition.
The body’s response to psoriasis treatment differs from individual to individual and the effectiveness of treatment depends on the type and severity of the disease condition. Mild cases of psoriasis may require only medicated topical creams or lotions to relieve the inflammation or itching. Phototherapy is known to help in slowing down the production of skin cells.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Psoriasis:
– Water therapy which involves a combination of sea salts and water is effective in managing psoriasis. Avoid the use of soap on the affected area and avoid frequent baths.
– Mud packs made by mixing clay and water is beneficial as they are known to absorb and eliminate toxins from the affected area.
– Applying oil extracted from the outer shell of cashew nut is an effective remedy for psoriasis.
– One glass of bitter gourd juice mixed with 1 tsp of lemon juice when consumed on an empty stomach is known to relieve symptoms of psoriasis.
– Boil 600 ml of water with 25 g of chamomile flower heads and 25 g of dried burdock seeds for 15 minutes and strain. Drink 3 tbsp of this concoction after sweetening it with honey at least 4 times a day to relieve symptoms.
– Applying pure aloe vera gel on the affected area three times a day is known to bring relief.
– Neem slows down the skin cell production thus making psoriasis a manageable condition when pure neem oil is applied regularly to the affected area.
– Rub into the affected area 2 drops of calendula oil, 1 drop of oregano oil mixed in a small cup of olive oil to reduce symptoms.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition but not a contagious one and management of this disease can be pretty challenging. The success rate of alternative psoriasis treatment methods is not known thus depending on its severity seeking professional help may be required.
Professional Natural Treatment to Cure Psoriasis
Secrets of Psoriasis Natural Cures Revealed in this ” Psoriasis Free For Life – Ebook ”