How to Cure Restless Leg at Home Naturally
Restless leg syndrome generally occurs in the adult population though it is not an uncommon condition among children and young adults. It is evident in both men and women and can lead to significant physical and emotional disability. A more natural alternative treatment method helps the body in its healing process and is the most favored treatment option.
Success Stories – )
What is Restless Leg?
Restless leg syndrome is a nervous system disorder affecting the legs causing a compelling urge to move them constantly. Involuntary jerky movements of the legs are noticed that generally occur at night. This condition is also known to exist as a type of sleep disorder.
Symptoms of Restless Leg That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Uncontrollable urge to move the legs when sitting or lying down.
– A creepy crawly sensation in the legs.
– Itchiness felt in the legs.
– Restless floor pacing characterized by a slow and measured tread.
– Frequent tossing and turning in bed.
– Restless, disturbed sleep.
Natural Treatments Cure Restless Leg Caused by:
– Iron deficiency anemia.
– A positive family history of this disorder.
– Physical or emotional stress.
– Secondary factors like pregnancy, renal disease.
– Certain medications like tricyclic antidepressants, beta blockers have been known to cause restless leg syndrome.
Types of Restless Leg:
The severity of restless leg may vary from mild to severe. This condition is most acute during periods of rest. Although it is most prevalent in the legs it may also occur in the arms.
Restless leg syndrome may be classified into primary where no other known condition can be contributing to this disorder; or secondary where it is believed to be caused by an underlying disease condition.
The treatment options available to treat this disorder include medications, nutritional supplements, and transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation methods. A more holistic approach is the most favored option among the general population to manage this disorder.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Restless Leg:
– Valerian root is an effective natural sleeping aid and the herb in the form of essential oil or powder is used to treat restless leg effectively.
– Some individuals are known to benefit from the herb mucuna pruriens probably due to its properties that induce deep sleep.
– Avoiding alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine recommended in sufferers who are sensitive to these substances.
– A diet rich in iron like olives, almonds, raisins, sunflower seeds, oats, barley, spinach, broccoli can help.
– Food rich in vitamin B like lettuce, radish, cauliflower, hazelnuts, wheat germ also recommended since it is believed that vitamin B deficiency can aggravate symptoms of restless leg.
– Exercises may be helpful though only partially and should be avoided around bedtime.
– Limb massage. Calm the restless legs with therapeutic massages as direct massage releases endorphins, the body’s own painkillers.
– Alternating the use of hot and cold compresses may benefit the sufferers to a certain extent.
With a deliberate change in lifestyle and diet the disorder can be managed. Leaving it untreated can progressively develop into more serious disorders. In severe conditions prompt professional help is to be sought.
Professional Natural Treatment to cure Restless Leg at Home
Visit Jeremy Coughlin’s website to read How to cure Restless Leg Syndrome Naturally.