How to Cure Ringworm at Home Naturally
Ringworm is a highly contagious skin infection that can affect individuals of all ages and gender. Most people feel squeamish at the thought of suffering from a fungal infection. Like most skin infections, ringworm is also known to respond quickly with natural home remedies.
Read Success Stories -)
What is Ringworm?
Ringworm is a contagious fungal infection of the skin, nails, or hair that causes ring-shaped discolored skin patches covered with scales. The infection is not caused by a worm but by a parasitic fungus and can exist anywhere on the body.
Symptoms of Ringworm That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Itchy flaky skin.
– Red, raised, scaly patches.
– Infection of the scalp causes patchy baldness.
– Discolored, thick nails.
Natural Treatments Cure Ringworm Caused by:
– Since this is a contagious infection it can be acquired from contact with an infected person or –
– Contact with infected animals – pets.
– Heat and moisture helps the fungus to thrive thus infection most commonly noticed in skin folds like between the toes or groin area.
Types of Ringworm:
Ringworm can be classified into:
Tinea barbae affects the bearded area of the face and neck. It is also known as barber’s itch.
Tinea capitis affects the scalp that leads to patchy baldness.
Tinea corporis affects the body surfaces like arms, legs, etc.
Tinea cruris affects the groin area and is commonly known as ‘jock itch.’
Tinea faciei affects the face other than the bearded area.
Tinea manus affects the palms and hand area.
Tinea pedis affects the toe webs especially between the fourth and fifth toes. It is also termed as Athlete’s foot.
Tinea unguium affects the nails and is also known as onychomycosis.
It is common for the infection to remain confined to a small surface area and the severity may vary from person to person. Oral antibiotic medications, topical antiseptic creams are the conventional treatment options for this skin infection. The treatment can go on for a longer period of time.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Ringworm:
– Rub slices of unripe papaya on the ringworm patches to produce effective results.
– Corn starch powder mixed with neem leaf powder is an excellent mixture to treat ringworm infection.
– Fresh oil obtained from the outer shell of the cashew nut applied regularly can get rid of ringworm.
– Rub a mixture of 2/3 vitamin E oil and 1/3 tea tree oil on the infected area.
– Clove oil has antifungal properties. Mix clove oil in coconut oil and apply on ringworm patches to help relieve the symptoms.
– Apply mashed garlic clove on the infected area and hold it in place for 10 mins with gauze.
– Avoid activities that lead to excessive sweating and moisture retention between the skin folds. Keep the skin clean and dry.
– During an infection wash clothing, bedspreads, and personal toiletries frequently. Avoid sharing personal care items.
Ringworm if not properly treated can spread to other parts of the body and may also lead to secondary skin infections. If the skin condition reappears after an episode has passed with complete cure, then a visit to the doctor is recommended.
3 Day Cure for Ringworms
3 Day Ring Worm Treatment