How to Cure Rotator Cuff Injuries at Home Naturally
Shoulder pain is a condition that may have been experienced by almost every individual at some point in their life. Rotator cuff injuries are the most common causes for shoulder pain. Natural home remedies are known to relieve this discomfort and stop them from getting worse.
Happy Success Stories
What is Rotator Cuff Injuries?
The shoulder joint is a ball-and-socket joint and not a very stable joint as the ball is generally larger than the socket. The supporting and strengthening structure of the shoulder joint known as the rotator cuff is composed of four muscle-tendon units that wrap around the top, front, and back of the shoulder joint. These muscles and tendons anchor the shoulder and help it remain stable. Overuse of this joint can lead to inflammation or tear to one or more tendons leading to rotator cuff injuries.
Symptoms of Rotator Cuff Injuries That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Acute pain with lifting or extending the arms.
– Pain at rest, especially when trying to sleep on the affected side.
– Weakness of the shoulder.
– Stiffness caused due to lack of movement because of the pain.
Natural Treatments Cure Rotator Cuff Injuries Caused by:
– Overuse of the shoulder joint.
– Trauma to the joint.
– The natural ageing process of the body weakens the muscles and tendons, reducing their ability to stretch thus causing injuries.
Types of Rotator Cuff Injuries:
The rotator cuff injuries can be either a –
Tendinitis – that occur when the tendon becomes inflamed or sore leading to pain and tenderness in the shoulder.
Strain due to overuse or excessive pressure placed on the shoulders.
Tear of the rotator cuff muscles may be due to trauma or use and wear over time.
The goal of treatment is to relieve the symptoms and not necessarily heal the tear itself. The most common treatment options available for rotator cuff injury are anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, use of a sling, and cortisone injections. These measures may not be effective for everyone and in such cases surgery may be warranted.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Rotator Cuff Injuries:
– Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb and known to ease inflammation of muscle tissues thus recommended for rotator cuff tendinitis.
– Turmeric suppresses the body’s mechanism that triggers inflammation of the muscles and is therefore known to relieve painful inflammatory conditions of the muscles and tendons.
– White willow bark and dark cherry juice have anti-inflammatory properties and recommended for rotator cuff tendinitis.
– Alternating cold packs such as ice and heating pads is recommended to reduce inflammation and pain.
– Limit shoulder use, avoid strenuous activities and when possible give total rest to the affected side. The duration of the resting period depends on the severity of the condition. Care should be taken to never keep the shoulder still (like in a sling) as this could lead to stiffness of the shoulder increasing discomfort.
– Light weight exercises can be performed after a period of rest. One such exercise is –
Lay on the unaffected side with the hand placed under the head for support. Hold a 2- or 3-pound weight in the other. With the elbow resting on the hip extend the hand straight in front, perpendicular to the body. Perform up and down movements with the weight in the hand and the palm facing down. Repeat this several times until a warm sensation is felt in the shoulder. Do not tense the muscles when performing this exercise.
Rotator cuff injuries do not heal well with time. Severe cases when left untreated for a longer duration can lead to disability. Seek professional help when the symptoms are persistent and are not relieved by simple measures.
Professional Natural Treatment for Quick Cure