How to Cure Shoulder Pain at Home Naturally
If you are suffering from a shoulder pain, you are not alone.
One in five individuals experience some sort of shoulder pain at some point in life.
The pain may be to the extent that it interferes with daily routine activities which can be frustrating.
Less severe forms are generally relieved with rest and simple stretching exercises.
Happy Success Stories
What is Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder is the laterally projecting part of the human body composed of bones and joints with connecting tissues by which the arm is connected with the trunk. Pain experienced in this region is termed as shoulder pain and caused due to several factors.
Symptoms of Shoulder Pain That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Difficulty in raising the arms above shoulder level.
– Persistent pain even during rest.
– Bruising or swelling around the shoulder joint.
– Redness and warmth.
Natural Treatments Cure Shoulder Pain Caused by:
– Rotator cuff injuries lead to shoulder pain.
– Trauma to the shoulders when left untreated for a long period of time causes pain.
– Inflammation of the shoulder joint that sets in after a strenuous activity causes pain.
– Stiffness of the connective tissues surrounding the shoulder joint leads to pain symptoms.
– Dislocation of the shoulder joint that occurs when the joint becomes loose in the socket causes pain.
Certain activities or moving the shoulder at certain angles may cause pain and in such instances avoiding that particular activity for a brief period of time may resolve the pain symptoms. Pain can also exist during periods of inactivity or causing discomfort during sleep. This may indicate a shoulder problem that requires proper treatment.
Simple injuries to the shoulder like strains and bruises may heal by themselves and do not require treatment. The first step in treating shoulder pain caused due to other factors is to identify the cause of the pain – is it due to biceps (flexor muscles of upper arm) injury or rotator cuff (muscles and tendons around the shoulder joint) injury. Treatments may be as simple as physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medications, or cortisone injection. However, more severe and persistent symptoms may require surgery.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Shoulder Pain:
– Resting the shoulders for a brief period is the best way to calm the inflammation.
– Dehydration causes the muscles to tighten up leading to pain. Drink plenty of water to relax the sore muscles.
– Simple shoulder movements like shrugging in and out and rotating movements of the shoulder will ease discomfort.
– Water therapy is known to be beneficial for shoulder pain and injury. Perform simple stretches with the body submerged in water up to the neck for pain relief.
– Alternate ice compresses with hot compress to relieve pain. Use an ice pack initially to reduce any swelling. Once the swelling is reduced apply hot packs to improve blood circulation to the area relieving pain.
– Deep breathing exercises performed along with simple stretches are also known to relieve discomfort.
– Boil a couple of garlic cloves in mustard oil, strain, cool, and apply to the affected area to relieve pain.
– Since pain is noticed in most physically active individuals, proper regular exercises can reduce the risk of injury.
Shoulder pain if persistent may be a symptom of an underlying condition. Depending on its recurrence and severity, it is the sole responsibility of the individual to decide when to seek professional help.
Professional Cure for Shoulder Pain