How to Cure Stretch Marks at Home Naturally – Erase Stretch Marks
A clear skin is an envy of all, however, maintaining good skin requires strict skin care regimen. A good skin is characterized by good elasticity, even tone, and no open or clogged pores. Stretch marks can mar the appearance of a good healthy skin and is a pet peeve of most adult women. Diminishing the appearance of stretch marks can be done naturally using home remedies.
Read Success Stories
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are caused by scar tissues and appear as stripes on the skin. This is caused by maximum stretching of the skin generally due to rapid weight gain in a short period of time. This keeps it from returning to its original state.
The demand for rapid stretching or rapid contraction of the skin causes the skin to lose its elasticity creating a tear in the skin surface resulting in scarring or stretch marks. Stretch marks appear as a stripe or line differentiated from the surrounding area by color and texture. The hips, breast, arms, and abdominal areas are generally where the stretch marks appear.
Natural Treatments Cure Stretch Marks Caused by:
– Rapid weight gain or weight loss.
– Growth spurts in adolescents.
– Certain drugs like steroids too can cause stretch marks.
Topical application of creams that contain enzymes and skin regeneration activators are normally used to improve the appearance of stretch marks. Topical products claim to dissolve the scar tissue, boost collagen production, and diminish stretch marks.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Stretch Marks:
– Drinking plenty of water hydrates the skin naturally and helps it to retain its elasticity.
– Exfoliation is helpful to minimize the appearance of stretch marks as it involves removing dead layers of skin. Mash one ripe avocado with ½ tsp honey and 1 tsp almond powder. Apply this pack on a clean face and wash off with clear water after 15 mins to naturally exfoliate the skin. Take care to hydrate the area after exfoliating.
– Heat a mixture of 2 tsp beeswax, 1 tsp each of vitamin E oil and apricot oil, wheat germ oil, and half a cup of cocoa butter until the beeswax is melted. Cool and apply on the area regularly to minimize its appearance.
– Comfrey oil when massaged on pregnant bellies improves the skin’s elasticity and prevents or minimizes stretch marks.
– Topical application of pure aloe vera gel combined with the juice of horsetail herb helps in regeneration of skin over scar tissue. Regular application of this mixture reduces stretch marks.
– Consume 1 tbsp of herbal juice extracted from rose hip plant regularly to maintain the skin’s elasticity thereby reducing stretch marks and scarring. This herb is rich in vitamin C an essential ingredient to maintain the health of the skin.
– Combine half a cup of olive oil with one-fourth cup of pure aloe vera gel and add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it. Apply this mixture regularly to reduce stretch marks.
– Combine one ounce of sweet almond oil or jojoba oil with 7 drops of lavender oil, 5 drops of chamomile oil and apply on the area regularly to diminish stretch marks.
– Post delivery stretch marks can be lightened by applying olive oil regularly around the navel area from the third month of pregnancy itself.
– The oil of tamanu is an effective remedy for scarring and stretch marks. Tamanu nut oil has the ability to promote the growth of new tissues and therefore regular application of this oil is recommended to reduce stretch marks.
Whatever aid you decide to use, do it regularly to get lasting benefits.
Removing the stretch marks permanently is difficult but improving its appearance can be achieved by natural methods. If uncommon appearances around stretch marks are noted or if bleeding occurs seek medical help.
Latest Natural Treatment for Stretch Mark Removal