Curing Stye at Home Naturally
Eye styes are an irritating and painful condition of the eye, though not considered dangerous, and usually disappears on its own. They are not known to cause vision problems and can occur in people of any age or gender. Getting rid of a stye effectively is possible by employing natural remedies.
Happy Success Stories
What is Stye?
Chalazion or stye occurs when the oil glands present around the eyelid becomes infected or inflamed. Stye is an inflamed swelling of a sebaceous gland at the margin of an eyelid. The glands become clogged and swell like a small boil or a pimple. It can also occur when the follicle of an eyelash is clogged. Stye is also known as hordeolum.
Success Stories -
Symptoms of Stye That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Redness of the eye.
– Painful swelling.
– Tender to touch.
– A gritty feeling in the eye.
– Teary eye.
– Blinking causes uneasiness.
– Sensitivity to light.
Natural Treatments Cure Stye Caused by:
Stye is a bacterial infection caused by the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus. These bacteria are harmless when found on the skin. The problem arises only when they enter the skin by way of a cut or bruising of the skin. The stye can last for several days before it bursts.
Air and dust pollution too can increase the risk of stye formation.
Discard all old eye makeup items as bacteria can breed in them. Replace eye makeup products frequently.
Types of Stye:
External hordeolum: The stye develops externally at the eyelid due to an infected eyelash follicle.
Internal hordeolum: The stye is formed internally when the meibomian or oil glands are inflamed.
Antibiotic medications, warm compresses, eye drops are the normal treatment options available for curing stye. In rare cases a fluid-filled sac that persists may have to be cut open and drained to cure the infection.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Stye:
– Steep a handful of parsley leaves in a cup of boiling water for 10 mins. Soak a clean cloth in this mixture and apply on the affected eye for 15 mins. Repeat this regularly to get relief from styes.
– Moisten a teabag and bandage it in place on the affected eye before bedtime. Leave it on overnight to get rid of the stye.
– Boil 2 cups of water to which a handful of acacia leaves are added. When warm use it as a compress on the affected eye to relieve stye symptoms.
– Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) are the three herbal ingredients used to make Triphala. Mix 1 tsp of Triphala powder in a cup of water and leave it overnight. Strain the mixture the next morning and use it to wash the affected eye to get rid of stye.
– Wrap guava leaves in a clean cloth and warm it. Use as a compress on the affected eye to reduce stye symptoms.
– Boil a cup of water to which 1 tsp of coriander seeds are added. Cool, strain and use as an eyewash to treat stye.
– Eye stye sufferers should avoid eye makeup until the condition resolves.
– Apply warm compresses to the eyelid every 2 hrs lasting for 10 mins each to facilitate easy draining of the abscess.
Stye may spontaneously resolve or progress to a chronic condition. When stye is thought to interfere with vision, seek doctor’s help.
Get Benefited from Latest Research in Natural Treatment