Curing Sweaty Feet at Home Naturally
Quite a few may be afraid to remove footwear in public because of the stink that sweaty feet may emanate. Sweaty feet can hinder an individual’s social life. Given that your feet bear the weight of your entire body as they carry you around through your daily routine, your hard working feet need treatment the natural way. There are several home remedies that can effectively reduce sweaty feet and prevent foul odor.
What are Sweaty Feet?
Sweating is the body’s mechanism to cool itself to maintain constant temperature internally. But in some individuals perspiration is in excess and this over production of sweat is medically termed as hyperhidrosis. Sweating in excess is known to also affect the soles of the feet. Excessive sweating in feet is called plantar hyperhidrosis.
Plantar hyperhidrosis is characterized by feet that will drip sweat often staining the footwear. Since moisture gets collected it provides an apt environment for bacteria to breed leading to smelly feet. It can also cause athlete’s foot, fungal infections, and blisters. Plantar hyperhidrosis most often accompanies palmar hyperhidrosis.
Natural Treatments Cure Sweaty Feet Caused by:
– Nervousness, tension.
– Excess weight.
– Medical condition.
There are several medications available for sweaty feet in addition to antiperspirants. The other options are acupressure and electrical stimulation. When sweating is related to anxiousness or fear, stress management is recommended. A small amount of Botox is injected into the soles of the feet to stop excessive sweating.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Sweaty Feet:
– Soak feet in warm salt water for half an hour to dry the feet and reduce sweating. Exfoliate your feet to remove dead cells which can breed bacteria causing foot odor.
– Make black tea from 5 bags of tea in 4 cups of boiling water. Remove the tea bags and rip it open so the leaves are let loose in the water. Soak feet in this for 30 mins. Tannin acid found in tea acts as a natural antiperspirant, kills the bacteria, and cures sweaty feet.
– Apply tea tree oil on feet after a shower to get rid of sweaty feet gradually. Tea tree oil has natural anti-bacterial properties and kills odor.
– Tender coconut water is a natural body coolant with full of nutrients and helps in eliminating sweaty palms and feet.
– Combine equal amounts of vinegar and oatmeal (mash the oats until the water appears milky) in a tub of water. Soak the feet in this for 10 mins. Follow this ritual regularly to get rid of sweaty feet and resulting foul odor gradually. Vinegar has natural antiperspirant properties.
– Mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch and dust the soles of feet regularly to prevent excessive perspiration.
– High levels of toxicity in the body also cause excessive perspiration. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins and avoid foods rich in saturated fats.
– Avoid wearing footwear made of synthetic material as it encourages excessive perspiration.
– Wear socks made of cotton or other natural fibers that allows the skin to breathe. Change your socks every day.
Try different options to find the one which suits you the best. If these simple measures do not help, or additional problems like athlete’s foot occur seek professional help for effective treatment.
Latest Natural treatment for Sweaty Feet Cure
Get benefited from latest research in Natural treatment – read more