Curing Tennis Elbow at Home Naturally
Tennis elbow is just one among the other several disorders that occur by repetitive work. This joint condition is not restricted to tennis players and can be very discomforting and painful. To avoid all those nasty side effects from prescription drugs, people opt for natural treatment methods.
What is Tennis Elbow?
Tennis elbow is pain and inflammation around the outer area of the elbow as a result of excessive strain on it or twisting of the forearm. This is a condition that produces sever pain over the elbow with any kind of hand movement. The medical lingo for tennis elbow is lateral epicondylitis.
Symptoms of Tennis Elbow That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Pain and tenderness around the elbow joint.
– Weakness with movement of the wrist.
– Pain with finger stretching.
– Pain experienced when lifting or grasping objects.
Natural Treatments Cure Tennis Elbow Caused by:
– Elbow injury.
– Radial nerve pressure.
– Muscular stress.
– Repetitive movements.
Tennis elbow is simply a type of tendinopathy occurring in a part of the elbow. Tendons are strong bands of tissue that connects the muscles to the bones. When these tendons become inflamed or degenerate it causes a painful condition called tendinopathy. The pain initially is mild but worsens over time.
The goal is to relieve pain and prevent recurrences. Anti-inflammatory drugs for pain relief with splints or braces may be recommended. Range of motion exercises or other forms of physical therapy may be an option. In more severe inflammatory conditions corticosteroid injections may be given.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Tennis Elbow:
– Pound equal amounts of garlic and black pepper in 1-1/2 ltr. of sesame oil and store in an air-tight container. Remove after 15 days and use as a massage oil regularly to relieve any joint pain due to inflammation.
– Burn a couple of garlic cloves in castor oil and apply when cool on the affected area to reduce pain and inflammation.
– Celery has natural anti-inflammatory properties and reduces joint swelling and pain. Adding natural anti-inflammatory herbs like celery, Chinese cabbage, turmeric in the diet can reduce inflammation the natural way.
– Powdered dry ginger is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent. Mix dry ginger powder in water and heat it. When warm apply to the affected area regularly to reduce swelling and pain.
– White willow bark extract is known to benefit inflammatory and joint pain conditions. White willow bark tea made by steeping up to 2 g of the bark in hot water for several minutes, when consumed regularly is known to relieve pain and inflammation because of its natural pain-killing properties.
– Use extra-virgin olive oil as your medium for cooking and increase intake of omega-3 fatty acids found in cold-water fish, flax seeds, walnuts, etc. to reduce inflammatory symptoms. Avoid the use of vegetable shortenings, partially hydrogenated oils, and foods that contain trans-fatty acids as these are known to aggravate inflammatory conditions.
– Give the affected arm proper rest as rest is the first step towards recovery.
– Alternate ice packs with hot packs. Ice compresses applied on the affected area reduces swelling. Once the swelling is down apply hot packs to increase blood circulation enabling a faster healing process.
When pain and inflammation do not show signs of reduction with remedial measures, seek professional help immediately to avoid worsening of the condition.
Professional Help for Tennis Elbow Natural Cure