How to Cure Toe Nail Fungus at Home Naturally
Nail fungus is a common cosmetic concern among adults due to abnormal and funny looking nails. Generally sufferers develop low self-esteem and avoid socializing. This condition though is not known to be highly contagious can be transmitted with constant intimate contact. Prevention is the key word which can be effectively achieved by way of natural home remedies.
What is Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus is a fungal infection of the nails caused by a group of fungus called dermatophytes. It affects both the fingernails and toenails. It typically develops from a fungal infection of the skin. The fungal infection begins at the tip of the nail eventually covering the entire nail area and when left untreated may even lead to possible nail loss.
Symptoms of Nail Fungus That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Nail distortion.
– Discoloration of nails (yellow or dark brown).
– Brittle nails.
– In severe cases nail fungus can interfere with standing, walking, and exercising.
– A sensation of tingling or pricking.
Natural Treatments Cure Nail Fungus Caused by:
– Suppressed immune system.
– Progressive age.
– Warm weather conditions.
– Wearing closed footwear for a longer period of time with minimal or no proper airflow.
– Trauma to the nails.
Types of Nail Fungus:
– Fingernail fungal infections typically are seen in individuals who work in an environment that requires water contact of the hands leading to constant wetness which encourages rapid fungal growth.
– Toenail fungus is the most common type of nail fungus known to exist. The fungus growth becomes severe during warm and damp weather conditions.
The fungal growth may begin under the nail edge and infect both the nail and the nail bed. The infection may also begin at the root of the nail where the nail is built and progress towards the nail edge. Or it may give rise to a white discoloration on the surface of the nail which can be easily scraped off.
Oral and topical medications are available but even with these the rate of recurrence is high. Oral medications are known to cause unpleasant side effects. Surgical approaches too are available but effective only when combined with oral antifungal management.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Nail Fungus:
– Drying the feet and hands, especially between the toes and fingers, after a daily wash helps to prevent the growth of fungus.
– Keep the nails of both the fingers and toes short.
– Avoid wearing tight, non-breathing footwear.
– The acidity of vinegar (either white or apple cider vinegar) relieves itching and eradicates fungal infections from nails. It is a common home remedy.
– Salt water and in particular sea water is effective in treating fungal infections because of its anti-bacterial effects. Pour a strong salt water solution on and around the nails to help quicken the healing process.
– A paste of baking soda with lukewarm water applied for a while on the affected nail helps to reduce the infection.
– Mix equal amounts of tea tree oil, lavender oil, and olive oil and apply it with a cotton swab under the top edge of the nail and surrounding skin areas. Tea tree oil effectively fights the infection because of its antibiotic properties. This is to be applied regularly.
– Oregano essential oils have antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Blend 1 tsp of olive oil with 2 drops of oregano essential oil and apply the mixture on the affected area for three weeks regularly.
Healthy nails are a sign of good health. It speaks volumes about the body’s internal health. Fungal nails are most often painless and left ignored but can be effectively prevented using natural methods. When this condition is neglected for a longer period of time it increases in severity and prompt medical assistance is advised to prevent further damage to the nails.
Best Way to Cure Toe Nail Fungus at Home