How to Cure Tongue Thrush at Home Naturally
It is essential to know that fungal overgrowth occurs throughout the internal body system and that it is important to maintain a healthy balance between necessary bacteria and fungus. Candida albicans is the most common cause of fungal human disease in general. This organism is a normal inhabitant of the oral cavity but when the bacterial flora is disturbed by excessive medications or disease conditions, this causes oral problems.
What is Tongue Thrush?
Tongue thrush is a fungal infection of the tongue characterized by white patches. This fungal infection occurs when there is overgrowth of the fungus, Candida albicans. It takes the form of a superficial, cheesy, gray-to-white matter that can be easily scraped off revealing an inflammatory surface beneath it.
Symptoms of Tongue Thrush That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– White, curdy matter on the tongue.
– Pain and irritation.
– Inflammation and in severe cases bleeding.
Natural Treatments Cure Tongue Thrush Caused by:
– Excessive use of antibiotics. Some bacteria are helpful in preventing yeast overgrowth.
– Weak immune system.
– Disease conditions.
– Diet and lifestyle.
Tongue thrush if left unchecked can progress into the throat causing swallowing difficulties and loss of appetite. It can go further down to the esophagus causing respiratory problems.
To effectively cure thrush symptoms it is essential to begin treatment with strengthening the overall immune system. Antifungal medications are normally prescribed to treat this condition. However, prolonged use of this medication can lead to the fungus developing resistance to the medications.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Tongue Thrush:
– The best way and often the first step taken to prevent fungal overgrowth is to exercise a healthy diet and maintain a healthy immune and intestinal tract system.
– Garlic has natural antifungal properties. Consume 2 fresh, raw cloves of garlic every day to reduce yeast overgrowth. To get the maximum benefits from them, crush them up and set aside for 5 mins. before consuming.
– Reduce the consumption of sugar, refined carbohydrates, most dairy products, alcohol, and minimize smoking. Instead include poultry, legumes, beans, lentils and the like to help the body fight against fungal infections.
– Consume plain yogurt with live acidophilus, the healthy bacteria, regularly. Good bacteria in normal conditions check the overgrowth of Candida and help to keep it under control.
– Make a mixture of 1 tsp baking soda in 8 ounces of water and with the help of a cotton swab, apply it on the tongue area to check fungal overgrowth.
– Clove is extremely effective in treating fungal infections. Apply clove oil on the tongue regularly to reduce tongue thrush. Alternatively prepare tea from freshly ground cloves and consume regularly to reduce thrush symptoms.
– Olive leaf extract has natural anti-fungal properties and can kill the fungus rather than just restraining its growth.
– The saturated fatty acid called caprylic acid found in coconut oil restricts fungal growth. The use of virgin coconut oil is recommended.
– Oil of oregano contains carvacrol, a phenol, which is an antifungal agent. Add a few drops of it to a small amount of water and swallow. Follow this with a glass of water to fight against thrush.
– Spices like asafetida, cinnamon, coriander, and ajwain seeds are helpful in repulsing fungal growth. Inculcate theses spices in everyday cooking.
Thrush may just disappear after it has run its course or it may be persistent. When persistent it can further worsen the condition. When other concerning symptoms accompany fungal infections seek medical help.
Best Natural Treatment for Tongue Thrush Cure
Professional Natural treatment is based on latest research information – read more about Improvised Home Remedies & natural treatment .
Best Seller Ebook