Curing Urinary Incontinence at Home Naturally
Urinary incontinence is an embarrassing condition. Most often the sufferers keep the problem to themselves. Incontinence is never to be viewed as the individual’s failure and thus never to be suffered silently. Women are more prone to develop this condition due to factors like childbearing and menopause. This condition is treatable and can often be cured naturally.
What is Urinary Incontinence?
The term urinary incontinence is generally used to elucidate loss of bladder control. The leakage of urine from the bladder may be just a few drops, a dribble, or a stream. This is an involuntary condition and often leads to hygiene problems.
Symptoms of Urinary Incontinence That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Frequent urination.
– Uncontrollable urge to urinate.
– Coughing or sneezing cause urine leaks.
– In severe cases bedwetting may also occur.
Natural Treatments Cure Urinary Incontinence Caused by:
– Weak pelvic muscles.
– Enlarged prostate gland.
– Disease conditions like multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease.
– Urinary tract infections.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
Stress incontinence – pressure on the lower stomach muscles causes urine leaks.
Urge incontinence – the need to urinate is of sudden onset.
Mixed incontinence – a condition which involve both stress and urge incontinence.
Overflow incontinence – overfilled bladder causes uncontrollable leakage of small amounts of urine.
Functional incontinence – normal urine control but unable to reach the washroom in time due to arthritic problems or the like.
Kegel exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles and prescription drugs are the normal treatment options suggested for urinary incontinence. Severe cases of continence may require surgery.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Urinary Incontinence:
Bladder incontinence is not a disease but a symptom of an underlying disease. Treating the disease condition generally gets rid of urinary incontinence.
– Constipation is known to cause urinary incontinence. Plenty of water and a high fiber diet can eradicate constipation problems. Treat constipation at home by eating a ripe banana or papaya before going to bed at night for easy bowel movements the next morning.
– Incontinence due to nervous tension can be cured with the help of skullcap herb. Skullcap is a natural tranquilizer and is known to calm the nervous system.
– Mix herbal extracts of valerian, thyme, lemon balm, tormentil, and uva ursi in olive oil and massage around the lower abdominal areas 2-3 times a day to treat incontinence.
– A sitz bath made from 3 to 5 quarts herbal infusion of chamomile, oat straw, and horsetail improves the circulation in the urinary system.
– If overweight is the cause, reduce weight by way of exercises and a strict diet plan. Indulge in moderate activities and perform light-weight exercises regularly to tone the pelvic muscles.
– Avoid excess alcohol consumption and caffeinated beverages as they interfere with the normal system functions.
– Train your body and schedule a time to urinate (every 2 hours) regardless of whether you feel the urge.
– In case of functional incontinence keep a bedpan where you sleep or sit. If need be add a washroom at a more convenient place.
If the symptoms are persistent or recurrent seek medical advice to avoid further complications.
Professional Natural Treatment for Urinary Incontinence