How to Cure Urinary Tract Infection at Home Naturally
Many of us hesitate to use public toilets, be it a shopping mall, restaurants, or office complexes for fear of being infected. Chances are you are only complicating matters. Holding back urine increases the risk of developing urinary tract infections which often are a painful condition. Recurrence of urinary tract infections is more common in women than in men. Treating mild symptoms of this infection is possible with natural remedies.
What is Urinary Tract Infection?
The urine systems consists of kidneys – removes waste and excess liquid from the body in the form of urine; ureters – assists in carrying the urine to the bladder from the kidneys; bladder – the place where the urine is stored; urethra – assists in eliminating urine from the body. When the urethra is infected by bacteria it can travel up to the kidney causing infections in the entire urinary tract.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– A sudden and frequent urge to urinate.
– Burning sensation with urination.
– Cloudy urine.
– Fever and chills.
– Severe infections may lead to blood in urine.
Natural Treatments Cure Urinary Tract Infection Caused by:
– Kidney stones.
– Enlarged prostrate.
– Inefficient immune system.
Types of Urinary Tract Infection:
Since the entire urinary system can be infected the types can be classified into:
Urethritis – infection of the urethra.
Cystitis – bladder is infected.
Pyelonephritis – infection of the kidneys.
Often antibacterial drugs are used to treat urinary tract infections. The choice of prescription drugs, duration of treatment depends on the severity of the condition and the urine test results. Symptoms may disappear even before the infection is completely cleared; therefore, it is important to complete the full course of medications. Long-term medication use and high dosages have its own side effects.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Urinary Tract Infection:
– Cranberry juice has a mild antibiotic affect. The tannins present in them prevent the bacteria from getting attached to the bladder and urethral wall enabling to prevent urinary traction infections. Drink at least 8 ounces of pure cranberry juice at bedtime for effectiveness.
– Garlic is a natural antibiotic. Prepare garlic tea by boiling 4 cups of water, remove from heat. Add 4-5 crushed garlic cloves and the juice of one lemon and allow it to steep.
– If garlic cannot be tolerated, parsley tea is an alternative. Parsley is a natural diuretic, improves blood flow to the pelvic region and strengthens the bladder.
– Prepare a sitz bath to which half a cup of baking soda is added to relieve UTI symptoms.
– The enzyme bromelain found in pineapples increases the body’s ability to fight against bacterial infections. Thus adding pineapple in the diet is recommended to treat UTI.
– Barley has soothing and cooling properties. Drink barley water regularly to reduce the burning sensation during urination and to regulate the flow of urine.
– Consuming tender coconut water regularly is known to reduce the burning sensation while urinating. Tender coconut is a natural diuretic.
– The compounds found in uva ursi herb (bearberry) have an antibacterial effect on the urinary system. Take 2-3 ml of uva ursi tincture until the symptoms resolve.
– Do not hold back urine; urinate whenever the urge is felt.
– Since the infection begins at the urethra always wipe from front to back after a bowel movement to prevent bacteria from anus entering the urethra.
Recurrent urinary system infections and more severe symptoms can lead to grievous complications, even kidney failure. Seek prompt medical help when the need arises.
Latest Natural Treatment for UTI Cure at Home