How to Cure Urticaria at Home Naturally
Rash is an allergic reaction of the skin. Urticaria is an itchy rash that can occur at any age and can affect anyone. The outbreak is of sudden onset and can involve the entire body. Urticaria, also known as hives in layman’s terms, can be treated at home using natural methods.
What is Urticaria?
Urticaria is an allergic reaction characterized by raised edematous patches of skin or mucus membranes with severe itching caused by contact with a specific precipitating factor, either externally or internally. The eruptions vary in size, from a pinhead to a coin size. The redness is caused due to the compound histamine which is released when the body feels that a foreign particle is invading it.
Symptoms of Urticaria That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Red patchy skin.
– Raised bumps.
– A tingling sensation.
Natural Treatments Cure Urticaria Caused by:
– Allergic to a particular food, medicine, insect bites, jewelry metals, etc.
– Tight clothes, even sweat.
– Extreme weather conditions.
Types of Urticaria:
Urticaria is often classified into acute urticaria – lasting for a short duration and the triggers are often the food ingested. Chronic urticaria – lasts for a longer duration and do not resolve quickly. The exact cause for this is difficult to be identified. Physical urticaria – caused by direct contact with the skin and is chronic in nature.
The conventional treatment method for urticaria involves over-the-counter medications. Chronic urticaria may be treated with antihistamines, but as always, long term use of drugs has its own side effects.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Urticaria:
– The pure aloe vera leaf inner gel has natural detoxifying properties and easily penetrates the skin making it ideal for treating skin conditions. Apply this pure gel directly on to the affected area for relief. Regular aloe vera juice consumption is also known to neutralize harmful bacteria in the digestive system thus benefiting urticaria sufferers.
– Mix a few drops of lemon juice with coconut oil. Apply it to the area and wait until dry to be washed off with clear water. Coconut oil contains a fatty acid called caprylic acid that helps in soothing inflammatory skin conditions.
– Boil a handful of neem leaves in a pot of water. Wash the area regularly with this water to help soothe the itching.
– Basil has antihistamine properties. Include this herb in everyday cooking.
– Ginger is used to treat hives as it acts as a natural antihistamine agent. Incorporate this in your daily diet.
– Chamomile has natural antihistamine properties. Boil 2 cups of water, add 2 heaped tsp of dried chamomile flower and allow it to steep for around 20 min. Cool, strain and use this water to wash the affected area regularly to reduce inflammation.
– Wild oregano is a powerful antihistamine. Mix equal quantities of oil of oregano and virgin olive oil. Apply to the affected area for relief from urticaria.
– Fennel contains the antioxidant flavonoid, quercetin, a strong natural antihistamine useful for treating allergic reactions. Add fennel seeds in ever day cooking to prevent recurrent allergic reactions.
– Grapefruit seed extract is a natural antioxidant. To 1 tsp olive oil add a few drops of grapefruit seed extract and apply on the area regularly for relief.
– Since sweating is also known to trigger urticaria have regular baths in water to which a handful of cornstarch and baking soda is added to prevent it from recurring.
– Use cold compresses and have cold showers regularly to cool down the body.
The ideal prevention method for urticaria would be to identify the triggers and avoid them like a plague. More severe urticaria conditions are known to involve the internal organs, sometimes leading to life threatening situations. Thus seek prompt professional help when the symptoms are persistent.
Quick Cure for Urticaria
Do you want to get rid of Urticaria fast ? Then learn about Professional Natural Treatment for Urticaria .
Urticaria Home Cure Guide