How to do Colon Cleanse at Home Naturally
The colon or large intestine is a major part of the digestive tract which stores food and other bodily waste materials until the body’s natural elimination process. Thus it is also an important part of the body’s elimination system. How often we eat depends on how often we empty our bowels. When body wastes are not emptied frequently it leads to constipation and other digestive problems. Cleansing the colon can be done within the comforts of your home using natural ingredients.
What is Colon Cleanse?
Colon cleansing involves irrigation of the colon. It is basically infusion of water into the rectum to cleanse and flush toxic waste material out of the colon.
Happy Success Stories
Colon tends to accumulate more old toxic waste than other organs and hence regular cleansing is essential to maintain the health of the colon. The need, however, for cleansing depends to a great extent on the individual’s lifestyle and diet. When unhealthy food habits are followed, it can make a person sluggish, weighed down with the feeling that the system is not functioning as well as it should.
An unhealthy colon can lead to:
– 1. Excessive weight gain.
– 2. Fatigue.
– 3. Constipation.
– 4. Flatulence, bloating sensation.
– 5. Indigestion problems.
Types of Colon Cleanse:
There are two different therapies used when it comes to colon cleansing. Though both involve introducing water into the colon via rectum and both works at cleansing out the large intestine, there are subtle differences:
1. Enema: This involves one infusion of water into the colon and is only able to cleanse out the lower portion of the large intestine.
2. Colonics: This involves repeated infusions of water into the colon and cleanses out the entire colon. This should be done by a therapist.
Colon cleansing is often done before certain major surgical procedures like heart operations, stomach surgeries, or may also be performed before a colonoscopy or other medical procedures.
A disposable speculum with an inlet and outlet tube outside, which is connected to a hydrotherapy unit, is inserted into the anus by a therapist. Warm filtered water is released into the colon causing contraction of the colon muscles that enables to push waste material out of the system, which through an outlet hose is disposed into a closed waste unit.
Colon cleanse may be required to:
Remove accumulated waste material from the colon in individuals who experience recurrent constipation problems.
It may also be done for detoxification purposes to improve one’s overall health and well being.
Natural Methods To Do Colon Cleanse:
– Psyllium husk is fibrous in nature enabling to eliminate accumulated waste materials from the body naturally. Combine 1 tsp each of psyllium husk and bentonite clay in a glass of water. Drink it followed by a glass of plain water. Do not eat or drink anything else for the next 2 hours after consuming it. Consume 1 glass of this for the first 3 days and gradually increase its consumption up to at least 5 glasses by the 14th day to cleanse the colon effectively.
– Senna is a medicinal, natural laxative herb. Boil 2 cups of water and add 1 tbsp of senna leaves and 1 tbsp of cinnamon bark. Cover the pan and simmer for 5 min. Remove from flame, steep for 20 min; strain and drink. Follow this for a week, take a break for a week or 2 and then resume.
– Salt water helps to eliminate all the pathogens and toxic waste from the colon. Mix 2 tbsp of sea salt in 4 cups of warm water and drink first thing in the morning. Continue this for 15 days to completely clean the colon.
– Take in probiotics after successfully cleansing the colon out to help maintain the balance of healthy bacteria in the gut. Yogurt, buttermilk, and natural cheese are good probiotic food sources.
– Following a colon cleanse avoid processed foods, artificial sweeteners, and reduce meat and dairy intake to maintain the health of the colon. Consume fresh fruits and vegetables either raw or steamed.
– Replace foods that you should not eat with foods that are rich in fiber. Fiber absorbs waste and toxins from the colon walls and carries it out of the body’s system. Include lettuce, celery, green beans, turnip greens, fennel, eggplant, cranberries, raspberries, apricots, grapefruit, lentils, split peas in your diet.
– Water is the best natural cleanser for our internal system. Drink plenty of water to enable a smooth elimination process.
Colon cleansing tones the colon walls and enhances a healthy digestive system. However, frequent colon cleansing may interfere with the normal functioning of the intestine. Thus consult a therapist before embarking on any colon cleansing therapy.
E-Book on Natural Colon Cleanse at Home