How to Cure Scabies at Home Naturally
Scabies is an extremely contagious skin disease that can affect any individual regardless of age, race, or gender. Scabies is not a sign of an unhygienic body but a skin condition that can be treated naturally.
What is Scabies?
Scabies is a contagious, itchy skin condition that is caused by microscopic parasitic mites that burrows into the skin. Scabies is caused by the female mites. After the mating period, the male mite dies and the female mite burrows into the skin and lay eggs thereby multiplying them. The mite release toxins that degrade the outermost layer of the skin and feed on the dissolved tissues. This causes an allergic reaction in the body leading to itchy skin lesions.
Happy Success Stories
Symptoms of Scabies That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
- Itchy skin with the itchiness aggravating at night when the body is warm.
- Constant scratching of the area leads to rashes.
- Evidence of mall, red bumps.
- Skin may become scaly and crusty as the disease progresses.
Natural Treatments Cure Scabies Caused by:
- Since this is a contagious disease it can be acquired from skin contact with the infected person.
- Skin contact with the properties used by the infected person like bedding, clothing, and even furniture.
- Heat and warmth encourages the mites to thrive thus infection most commonly noticed in skin folds
Types of Scabies:
Crusted scabies is a more extreme form of scabies generally found among older people. This affects areas like hands and feet and causes scaly, crusted skin. The infection level is more intense in this condition and develops in individuals who have a suppressed immune system. The number of mites causing the infection is considerably more compared to regular scabies and spreads throughout the body leading to an overall appearance of an inflamed, red skin.
Scabies skin condition can be confused with eczema and bacterial skin infection, hence, a thorough skin examination is required to identify the nature of the disease for a proper treatment plan. Prompt treatment is recommended for scabies as eliminating the mites can be challenging once the skin is infected. If one family member is infected with this disease the whole family will need to be treated. Normally treatment involves the use of antihistamines, topical steroids and the like but with its own side effects. Symptoms are unlikely to stop straight after starting treatment.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Scabies:
- Avoid skin-to-skin contact with infected persons.
- Avoid contact with items used by the infected person like bedding, furniture, and clothing.
- Good hand washing plays an important role in preventing this skin disease.
- Wash all household linen, bedding, and clothing in hot water to kill the mites.
- Vacuum clean the furniture, carpets to eradicate mites.
- Apply tea tree oil, natural antiseptic oil, on the infected areas to reduce the survival period of the mites enabling a quicker healing process.
- Anise seed oil is a natural insecticide and effective in treating scabies.
- Country mallow, an Indian herb, is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and recommended for itchy skin conditions. Apply a paste made of grinding the herb leaves with lime juice on the affected area.
- Crush marigold flower petals, mix with pure aloe vera gel, a pinch of turmeric and apply on infected areas for effectively treating scabies.
The survival rate of the mites causing scabies increases in congested and humid environments. Simple methods like bathing in cold water and taking the above-mentioned precautionary measures are sufficient to manage this skin condition. It is advisable, though, to seek prompt professional help if the condition worsens or is not relieved with simple home measures.
24 Hour Scabies Cure