Curing Thrush at Home Naturally
Fungal growth occurs throughout the internal body system and it is therefore important to maintain a healthy balance between essential bacteria and fungus. Candida albicans is a common form of yeast present in humans known to cause oral thrush. It also gives rise to vaginal candidiasis and is the most prevalent fungal infection among women. Many sufferers manage to find a cure with simple home remedies.
Happy Success Stories
What is Thrush?
Thrush is a superficial fungal infection characterized by white patches. This fungal infection occurs when there is overgrowth of the fungus, Candida albicans. The fungus normally lives in the mouth and its imbalance can lead to oral thrush. Vaginal thrush is also caused due to an imbalance of this natural yeast present in the body.
Symptoms of Thrush That Can be Cured by Natural Treatments:
– Thick, curdy white matter on the tongue, inner cheeks and lip areas in oral thrush.
– Scraping the white deposits off reveal an inflamed, bleeding surface beneath it at times.
– In case of vaginal thrush, irritation or itching in the vaginal area.
– White vaginal discharge.
– Discomfort during sex.
Natural Treatments Cure Thrush Caused by:
– Some bacteria are helpful in preventing yeast overgrowth. Long-term use of antibiotics only kills these bacteria increasing the risk of developing thrush.
– Emotional or physical stress.
– Weak immune system.
– Disease conditions.
– Vaginal thrush symptoms may be aggravated by using excessively perfumed personal care products or bath oils.
Types of Thrush:
Thrush can be further classified into:
Oral thrush causes a rash like appearance inside the oral cavity at times causing eating and swallowing difficulties.
Vaginal thrush causes inflammation, irritation, and often leading to painful sexual intercourse.
To effectively cure thrush symptoms it is essential to begin treatment with strengthening the overall immune system. Antifungal medications are normally prescribed to treat this condition. Medicated vaginal creams and suppositories are often recommended for vaginal thrush conditions.
Natural Treatments That Can Cure Thrush:
– The best way and often the first step taken to prevent fungal overgrowth is to exercise a healthy diet and maintain a healthy immune and intestinal tract system. Include poultry, legumes, beans, lentils and the like to help the body fight against fungal infections.
– Spices like asafetida, cinnamon, coriander, and ajwain seeds are helpful in repulsing fungal growth. Inculcate theses spices in everyday cooking.
– Warm salt-water mouth rinses helps to get rid of oral fungus.
– Garlic has natural antifungal properties. Consume 2 fresh, raw cloves of garlic every day to reduce yeast overgrowth. To get the maximum benefits from them, crush them up and set aside for 5 min before consuming.
– Probiotics contain friendly bacterial that help inhibiting the growth of Candida. Consume plain yogurt with live acidophilus, the good bacteria, regularly.
– Clove is extremely effective in treating fungal infections. Apply clove oil on the tongue regularly to reduce oral thrush. Alternatively prepare tea from freshly ground cloves and consume regularly to reduce thrush symptoms.
– Olive leaf has natural anti-fungal properties and can kill the fungus rather than just restraining its growth. Boil 1 cup water, remove from flame and allow it to cool a bit. Add 1 tsp dried olive leaf to this slightly hot water and steep for 5 min. Strain and drink at least 3 cups a day.
– Oregon grape root helps in easing irritation, itching and has antiseptic properties. Chop the roots in small pieces. Add 2 tsp of this chopped root to 1 cup boiling water. Simmer for 15 min. Strain and drink 3 cups a day.
– Essential tea tree oil diluted and applied topically on the vaginal area relieves fungal infections. Take ½ cup coconut oil in a glass jar and add 2 drops of tea tree oil. Close the jar and shake well to mix both oils. Apply this after washing and drying the area thoroughly.
– To avoid recurrences of vaginal thrush, avoid wearing tight fitting undergarments. Avoid use of perfumed soaps and personal care products on the vaginal area.
– Boric acid vaginal suppositories effectively reduce vaginal thrush symptoms and are available commercially. Boric acid is a chemical substance that contains antifungal and mild antiseptic properties.
When fungal symptoms are persistent, are not relieved by traditional natural remedies, or other concerning symptoms accompany them, try Improvised Home Remedies .
Thrush Home Cure Guide
Get Professional Guide to Cure Thrush Naturally at Home – using simple & Improvised Home Remedies.